Cristiano Ronaldo Left Out Of Upcoming Matches For Portugal Amid Rape Allegations

Football News

Portuguese superstar Cristiano Ronaldo has been left out of the national team's upcoming international matches amid rape allegations.

Written By Digital Desk | Mumbai | Updated On:

Portuguese superstar Cristiano Ronaldo has been left out of the national team's upcoming international matches. The prolific forward's omission comes in the wake of the news resurfacing of the alleged rape allegations imposed against him by American model Kathryn Mayorga.

This means Cristiano Ronaldo, who hasn't featured for the national team since the World Cup, will now extend his hiatus by missing the UEFA Nations League match against Poland on Oct. 11 and a friendly match against Scotland three days later.

Fernando Santos had earlier revealed that the talismanic forward was not called up to the national team, citing Ronaldo insisted that he needed some time off to adjust to life at his new club Juventus in Italy. 

However, the five-time Ballon d'or winner's life in Italy has rather got off to a topsy turvy start. It first started with his lack of goals in the initial stages, but slowly Ronaldo found his rhythm and was among the goals.

Just when things were going smooth for the former Real Madrid attacker, his debut in the UEFA Champions League with Juventus was brought to an abrupt halt. It was a debut to forget as he was left in tears after receiving his marching orders for shoving a Valencia defender.

His actions saw him receive an one-match ban, and as a result he missed the Biaconneri's next group stage against Swiss side Young Boys, which they won 3-0. It is known fact that Ronaldo is no stranger to headlines, that being said, he continued to hog the limelight even while being off the field of play.

READ: Cristiano Ronaldo 'firmly Denies' Rape Allegations, Says Conscience Is Clear

Recently, in what sent shock waves through the football fraternity, the Portuguese forward had been put in bad light after reports emerging of rape allegations against him. According to German media outlet Der Speigel, an American woman named Kathryn Mayorga has accused the renowned footballer for raping her in a hotel room in Las Vegas back in 2009, and then paid $375,000 for her silence.

Cristiano Ronaldo, who is now a subject of a re-opened investigation by the Las Vegas police, made a public statement for the first time since the news broke out.  In a twitter post, the Portuguese superstar denied the claims insisting his conscience was clear.

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indian will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS