- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) which belongs to the battle-royale genre is continuing to have its fair share of the limelight
- It only makes sense to take a look at all the major headlines that PUBG, as well as its mobile variant which is PUBG Mobile, created in India (and some globally as well)
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) which belongs to the battle-royale genre is continuing to have its fair share of the limelight. Now, with popularity of the game at the peak considering the fact that there are multiple important enhancements (such as the zombies mode) slated to hit the gm in the very near future, it only makes sense to take a look at all the major headlines that PUBG, as well as its mobile variant which is PUBG Mobile, created in India (and some globally as well). Check 5 of these out below:
- The bad news first: Of late, PUBG has been a subject of controversies with the Delhi Commission For Protection Of Child Rights (DCPCR) listing the game as being filled with misogyny, hate, and violence, and potentially having major impacts on young children. However, a gut-wrenching development in this regard has been an 11-year old kid recent Public Interest Litigation suite at the Bombay High Court seeking a ban on PUBG Mobile. The petitioner stated that the game potentially promotes cyber-bullying and violence.
- Not everything is bad: Now, with growing concerns around PUBG addiction, even Prime Minister Narendra Modi resorted to simplifying the issue by recommending parents to ensure judicious utilization of technology and to have healthy conversations with their wards. At the end of the day, addiction is subject to pure human interests, it is only natural that the game could be treated and played like a sport without getting addicted.
- Positive developments also took centre-stage: If controversies dogged PUBG in the recent past, there were also positive developments that saw the popularity of the game swell and take it to the top of Google Play Store rankings in the games category. PUBG Mobile also made rapid strides on the iOS app repository and was placed amongst th most popular free games.
- Inspirations (from) and award nominations: The popularity of PUBG also inspired an all new PUBG Mobile Star Challenge that was held in Dubai, with a team from India also representing in the event. Apart from this, there is also a National PUBG League (NPL) that in turn inspired a PUBG Global Championship 2019. The game was also nominated in the Game Awards for the Best Mobile Game of 2018 award; despite not winning the coveted trophy, PUBG Mobile posed intense competition to eventual winner Florence.
- Expansion to uncharted territories: After mobile, PUBG corporation is also slated to take the core PUBG experience to low-end desktops in the form of PUBG Lite which is now seeding in multiple regions of the world. The folks at PUBG have stated that expansion to other regions would also come about, depending on the feedback of players (of the beta PUBG Lite) .
Also Read: PUBG Mobile: How To Find And Collect Snowballs, Check Out If These Could Be Used To Destroy In-Game Bots
Also Read: PUBG On PC: PUBG Lite Now In More Regions Of The World, Check Out If You Can Play