Microsoft Excel has become an important medium for creating office data and keeping records of the office. The use of MS Excel helps a user to create an effective data and make charts. It can be used to keep records of many important things and can be printed or kept saved as a soft copy for a long time.
However, knowing Excel shortcut keys will help a user use the medium more effectively. If you want to learn how to use MS Excel Shortcut keys, here are some of the many essential keys to know to be able to use the software more effectively.
Excel Shortcut keys to ease your Excel user interface
- Ctrl+N - Creates a new workbook.
- Ctrl+O - Opens a workbook.
- Ctrl+P - Print the current sheet.
- Ctrl+R - Fill right. Fills the cell to the right with the contents of the selected cell. To fill more than one cell, select the source cell and press Ctrl+Shift+Right to select multiple cells. Then press Ctrl+R to fill them with the contents of the original cell.
- Ctrl+S - Saves the open worksheet.
- Ctrl+T - Open the Create Table dialogue box.
- Ctrl+U - Underlines all cells in the highlighted section.
Also Read | Gmail shortcut keys to learn before composing an email | Check easy methods here
- Ctrl+V - Pastes everything copied onto the clipboard.
- Ctrl+W - Closes the current workbook.
- Ctrl+X - Cuts all cells in the highlighted section.
- Ctrl+Y - Repeats the last entry (redo).
- Ctrl+Z - Undo the last action.
- Ctrl+1 - Changes the format of the selected cells.
- Ctrl+2 - Bolds all cells in the highlighted section.
- Ctrl+3 - Puts italics all cells in the highlighted section.
- Ctrl+4 - Underlines all cells in the highlighted section.
- Ctrl+5 - Puts a strikethrough all cells in the highlighted section.
Also Read | Unacademy database hacked, almost 22 million users' data compromised: Reports
- Ctrl+6 - Shows or hides objects.
- Ctrl+7 - Shows or hides the toolbar.
- Ctrl+8 - Toggles the outline symbols.
- Ctrl+9 - Hides rows.
- Ctrl+0 - Hides columns.
- Ctrl+Shift+: - Enters the current time.
- Ctrl+; - Enters the current date.
- Ctrl+Shift+" - Copies value from cell above.
- Ctrl+- - Deletes the selected column or row.
- Ctrl+Shift+= - Inserts a new column or row.
- Ctrl+Shift+~ - Switches between showing Excel formulas or their values in cells.
- Ctrl+Shift+@ - Applies time formatting.
- Ctrl+Shift+! - Applies comma formatting.
Also Read | How to change Zoom background on PC and mobile app? Learn now
- Ctrl+Shift+$ - Applies currency formatting.
- Ctrl+Shift+# - Applies date formatting.
- Ctrl+Shift+% - Applies percentage formatting.
- Ctrl+Shift+^ - Applies exponential formatting.
- Ctrl+Shift+* - Selects the current region around the active cell.
- Ctrl+Shift+& - Places border around selected cells.
- Ctrl+Shift+_ - Removes a border.
- Ctrl++ - Insert.
- Ctrl+- - Delete.
Also Read | How to untag yourself on Instagram? Learn in easy steps here