Of late, so many shocking incidents of PUBG addiction have rocked the headlines. But this most recent incident we are talking about is far too shocking. According to reports, a 25-year old man who was busy playing PUBG reached out for acid instead of water and drank it.
Here's what happened:
This unbelievably terrible incident reportedly took place in Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh last month. It was until recently when the episode came to limelight.
A 25-year-old man sitting in his yard was busy playing PUBG on a mobile phone. He was so immensely hooked on to the game that he failed to differentiate between acid and water. As a result, the young man ended up drinking acid instead of water.
By then, it was already late and then he was taken to Nagpur for treatment. But since his condition did not improve, his family brought him back to Chhindwara. But failing to learn the lesson, he was hooked on to a phone even as he was undergoing treatment.
"There were ulcers in his stomach that had created an obstruction. When his condition didn't improve in Nagpur, his family brought him back here. He wasn't able to eat anything and lost 5-6 kilograms in just a few days," said Dr Manan Gogiya.
However, Doctor said he is out of danger.
PUBG's addiction has become a huge concern for parents and experts in India after an 18-year-old Mumbai teen committed suicide because his parents refused to buy him a new mobile phone to play PUBG.
The controversy around PUBG in India reached its peak only after an 11-year-old boy filed public interest litigation (PIL) through his mother in Maharashtra, asking to ban the game. Bombay High Court is now seeking government's response on the PIL.
Currently, PUBG Mobile has over 200 million devices and 30 million daily active players.