PUBG Ban Row: 11-year-old Moves High Court Seeking Ban On Online Battle Royale Game

Apps

PUBG ban row: An eleven-year-old boy moved the Bombay High Court Thursday seeking a ban on popular mobile game 'PUBG'. Ahad Nizam, who filed the public interest litigation through his mother, said the game promotes violence, aggression and cyber-bullying.

Written By Press Trust Of India | Mumbai | Updated On:

An eleven-year-old boy moved the Bombay High Court Thursday seeking a ban on popular mobile game 'PUBG'.

Ahad Nizam, who filed the public interest litigation through his mother, said the game promotes violence, aggression and cyber-bullying.

The court should direct the Maharashtra government to ban it, the PIL said.

ALSO READ | 11-year-old asks to ban PUBG game after PM Modi's 'Pariksha Pe Charcha'

"The petition has also sought a direction to the central government to form an Online Ethics Review Committee for periodical checking of such violence-oriented online content," petitioner's lawyer Tanveer Nizam said.

ALSO READ | VIRAL: PM Modi's PUBG response to a parent's question about her child spending too much time playing online games is a must watch

It is likely to come up for hearing before a division bench headed by Chief Justice N H Patil.

PUBG or 'Playerunknown's Battlegrounds' is an online game where two or more online partners play on the backdrop of a battlefield.

Incidentally, even Prime Minister Narendra Modi had referred to the craze for this game during his interaction with students and parents about exam stress a few days back.

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indian will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS