Mobile

Four Injured After Mobile Phone Reportedly Caught Fire While Charging

Written By Tanmay Patange | Mumbai | Published:

Hack:

  • The phone was being charged at the time of the incident and the explosion resulted in furnishings of the house quickly catching the fire
  • As per reports, the impact of this explosion was severe to an extent that it could set the whole house on fire

According to multiple reports, a mobile phone explosion near Mumbai left a family of 4 injured. The incident allegedly took place in Kasar Ali, Shahapur. While we have no specifics as to what might have caused this explosion, local news outlets report that a ‘Mi’ phone caught fire while on charging leaving 4 four family members injured, two of them sustained 35 per cent burns. As per reports, the impact of this explosion was severe to an extent that it could set the whole house on fire.

The phone was being charged at the time of the incident and the explosion resulted in furnishings of the house quickly catching the fire.

From incidents reported in the past, smartphone batteries can explode for two reasons, Manufacturing defect and customer’s poor treatment of the device. While safety of the user should be of utmost importance for companies when manufacturing a mobile phone, users too can take proper measures in order to avoid such incidents.

1. Always choose the right charger

This is very important in ensuring the safety of your smartphone’s battery and of course, yourself. Always refrain from using a faulty or unofficial charger to charge your phone. All chargers support different voltage and amperage levels. So using a wrong charger might result in overloading your phone’s charging circuit, which could be really dangerous.

Also Read | E-cigarettes can be injurious too, e-cigarette explosion causes serious injuries to a 46-year-old man

2. Avoid keeping your phone under the pillow

Smartphone companies usually advice users not to keep their phones covered by bedding or other thick materials such as pillows when on charging. It could cause excessive buildup of the heat, making your phone’s battery more prone to damage.

3. Treat your phone properly

Some users take immense pride in calling themselves a rough user when it comes to handling phones. Dropping your phone frequently may result in a break in the battery separator, which is positioned between the anode and cathode. This could, very well, result in a thermal runaway rising your battery’s temperature to dangerous levels and eventually resulting in an explosion.

DO NOT MISS