10. Amazon to deliver books... and authors too
Amazon Publishing announced that it was launching a new 'Author Delivery service.' Now, don't just order a book, order an author!
9. Netflix's new acquisition... is Seth Rogen
Streaming giant Netflix made the following announcement:
"World-renowned Canadian person, prolific marijuana-doer, and winner of the 2015 MTV Movie Award for “Best Kiss” Seth Q. Rogen has entered into a lifetime deal to transfer full ownership of his personal autonomy to Netflix, Inc."
8. The US city of San Antonio has announced a new sister city -- the newly opened up Chadwick Boseman-led Republic of Wakanda!
The press release says:
"San Antonio is thrilled to announce its newest Sister City relationship with the country of Wakanda!
We look forward to future cultural, economic, and educational exchange - specifically relating to the use of the newly discovered material ‘Vibranium’!"
One would imagine that Texas will ride to Wakanda's aid when Thanos attacks it in Avengers: Infinity War later this month.
7. Google Maps is letting you play a game -- "Where's Wally?"
Can you find Wally? It's actually quite hard.
6. Pokemon Go has gone retro!
Here's what the pesky critters look like in 8-bit -
5. Sony too is addressing the backlash against the digital revolution -- Playstation is going Analog!
Here's what the Playstation board game is all about:
"Ever wished your PlayStation gaming experience was a little less digital and a whole lot more analog?
With all new non-animated graphics and zero AI, PlayStation: The Boardgame will let you experience the mild thrills of moving game pieces on cardboard. Who needs a headset when you can just shout angrily at your friends across the table?
PlayStation: The Board Game features:
- A non-4K resolution gameboard
- Pens and paper to draw your own trophies
- Rulebooks. Six of them, in fact!
- Intense local multiplayer action for up to 4 players
- Large and small dice. So many dice!
Look out for PlayStation: The Board Game: The Video Game coming soon!"
4. Fitbit goes the Tinder Way!
Wearables maker Fitbit has launched SoulMate, which it describes thusly:
"Burning calories meets burning passion in Fitbit’s first-ever dating app for people who love to walk—SoleMate.
Forget age, career and how far a person is... SoulMate connects people based on their resting heart rate and how many steps they take in a day!"
3. While you're on your date, if wit and charm aren't doing the trick, impress your SoulMate with your smart running shoes! Meet M.I.L.E.S from Brooks Running!
"Meet the Pureflow 7.5 with MILES, the 1st voice-enabled shoe that lights your way to your best run. MILES is a running buddy in a shoe. Need some motivation? Need a bathroom? Lost on the path? Aks MILES. You've never #RunHappy like this before."
2. Here's a question... Ever wonder what dog food tastes like? Wonder no more! A pet food company has diversified into human food
1. Burger King goes further towards perfecting the archetypical 'Death by Chocolate' dessert to a whole new level! Here's the Chocolate Whopper:
A chocolate cake bun
Flame-grilled chocolate patty
White Chocolate rings
Milk chocolate leaves
Candied blood oranges