‘Deeply Saddened And Shocked’: Sachin Tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh Condemn Serial Blasts In Sri Lanka

Rest of the World News

Six near simultaneous blasts hit three churches and three hotels frequented by tourists in Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday,  where 129 have been reported dead, injuring nearly 300 people.

Written By Karthik Nair | Mumbai | Updated On:

Six near simultaneous blasts hit three churches and three hotels frequented by tourists in Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday,  where 129 have been reported dead, injuring nearly 300 people, officials and police said. People from all over the world have come forward to condemn the attack. Apart from politicians and celebrities, the sports fraternity has also come forward to condemn the attack.

After Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, VVS Laxman and Sania Mirza had expressed their condolences on Twitter, Yuvraj Singh and Sachin Tendulkar have also come forward to condemn the attack.

Veteran Indian all-rounder Yuvraj Singh said that he was deeply saddened and shocked by the bombing in Sri Lanka and that hate truly has no boundaries or any limits. At the same time, he has asked Sri Lanka to stay strong and also expressed his heartfelt condolences and prayers for the entire nation.

Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar said that he was saddened to hear about the terror attacks in various parts of Sri Lanka and he also strongly condemned these acts of terror. He also wrote that hatred and violence will never overpower love, kindness and compassion. 

READ: Virat Kohli, VVS Laxman And Others Issue Statements As Sports Fraternity Comes Forward To Condemn The Multiple Blasts In Sri Lanka : All Updates Here

Earlier Team India's captain Virat Kohli and vice-captain Rohit Sharma had also expressed their condolences over the multiple blasts in Sri Lanka.

Three churches - St Anthony's Church in Colombo, St Sebastian's Church in the western coastal town of Negombo and another church in the eastern town of Batticaloa - were targeted, police said. Three explosions were reported from the five-star hotels, the Shangrila, the Cinnamon Grand, and the Kingsbury.

The Colombo National Hospital spokesperson, Dr. Samindi Samarakoon, said at last 280 people have been admitted with injuries so far. 

READ:Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena Condemns the Blasts While Expressing His condolences To All Those Affected And Families

 

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indian will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS