Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei Says 'no Talks With US'

Rest of the World News

Iran's supreme head, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on September 17 that there will be no communication or dialogues held between Iran and the US at any level.

Written By Ruchit Rastogi | Mumbai | Updated On:
Iran

Iran's second supreme head, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on September 17 that there will be no communication or dialogues between Iran and the United States of America at any possible level. This statement by the supreme leader was a hint to put a stop to any indication about the meeting between the two countries at the United Nations sometime in September. 

A sense of hostility

According to reports, Khamenei stated that all of the leaders in Iran stood by the decision taken and all of the concerned officials maintained what had been decided for both the countries. According to various reports, there was a mention of a meeting between Donald Trump and Hassan Rouhani to be held on the sidelines during the United Nations General Assembly in New York. 

With a sense of hostility in the Persian Gulf area increasing after the bombing of the Aramco Oil sites in Saudi Arabia, Iran was blamed by America for orchestrating the attacks, a charge that has been denied by the Islamic Republic. 

Read: Drone Attacks Strike Major Saudi Aramco Facility, Oilfield

Although, the responsibility for the attack was claimed by the rebel group Houthi, who are at loggerheads with a Saudi led alliance who are putting in efforts to bring back Yemen's government to a significant level of authority. 

The American president stated on September 16 that is seemed as if Iran was behind the bombings of the oil facility but a strategy had still not been tabled that offers a response to the attacks that took place. 

The Aramco oil field bombings led to a steep increase in oil prices all over the world but Trump played down the indication of any talk of a swift military response as he earlier said that the soaring oil prices and its impact won't have a significant difference in his country. 

Read: US to unmask Saudi connection with 9/11

The culprit? 

US executives showcased satellite pictures of the damage caused after the drone attacks at Abqaiq's plant and a major oil field. A few specialists further added that how the people behind the attacks had proper information about which parts were to be targetted to halt the process of production. 

According to the US, the way these attacks were orchestrated, indicated that the Houthi group was not responsible and on top of that the Saudi Arabian military claimed that weapons manufactured in Iran were used in these attacks. Also, the Saudis have called in the United Nations and other countries to probe the issue at hand.

Read: Taliban Want US Deal, But Some In Bigger Hurry Than Others

Read: Iran Urges US To ‘put Warmongers Aside’ After Bolton's Departure

(With inputs from AP)

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indians will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS