26/11 Mumbai Terror Attack Anniversary: The US Announces USD 5 Million Reward For Information On 26/11 Perpetrators

US News

The US on Monday, November 26 announced a USD 5 million reward for information leading to the arrest or conviction in any country of any individual who committed, conspired, aided or abetted the 2008 Mumbai attack

Written By Press Trust Of India | Mumbai | Updated On:

The US on Monday, November 26 announced a USD 5 million reward for information leading to the arrest or conviction in any country of any individual who committed, conspired, aided or abetted the 2008 Mumbai attack.

The Trump administration announced this major reward (of over Rs 35 crore) on the 10th anniversary of the terror attack in which 10 Pakistan-based LeT terrorist went on a shooting rampage in India's financial hub killing 166 people, including six Americans.

READ:  26/11 Mumbai Terror Attack Anniversary: The US Calls Upon Pakistan, Others To Implement UNSC Sanctions Against 26/11 Perpetrators

The move comes less than a fortnight after Vice President Mike Pence had a meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Singapore, during which he is believed to have himself raised this issue and ruled that even 10 years after the Mumbai terrorist attack its perpetrators have not been brought to justice.

State Department's Rewards for Justice (RFJ) program on Monday said it is offering a reward of up to USD 5 million for information leading to the arrest or conviction in any country of any individual who committed, conspired to commit, or aided or abetted the execution of the 2008 Mumbai attack.

From November 26 to 29, 2008, 10 terrorists associated with the LeT carried out a series of coordinated assaults against multiple targets in Mumbai, it said. "The United States is committed to working with our international partners to identify and bring to justice those responsible for the 2008 Mumbai attack," it said. 

Today's announcement marks the third RFJ reward offer seeking information on the perpetrators of the Mumbai attack.

In April 2012, the Department of State announced reward offers for information that brings to justice LeT founder Hafiz Mohammad Saeed and Hafiz Abdul Rahman Makki, another senior LeT leader.

In December 2001, the Department of State designated LeT as a Foreign Terrorist Organization. This designation plays a critical role in the fight against terrorism and is an effective means of curtailing support for terrorist activities and pressuring groups to get out of the terrorism business, the State Department said. 

READ: 26/11 Mumbai Terror Attack Anniversary: How The Secret Operation To Shift Ajmal Kasab For Hanging Unfolded

The State Department said anyone with information on this incident can contact the RFJ office via the website, e-mail (info@rewardsforjustice.net), phone (800-877-3927 in North America), or mail (Rewards for Justice, Washington, D.C., 20520-0303, USA). 

The RFJ program is administered by the US Department of State's Diplomatic Security Service.  Since its inception in 1984, the program has paid over USD 150 million to more than 100 people who provided actionable information that helped bring terrorists to justice or prevented acts of international terrorism worldwide

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indian will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS