This comprehensive guide on crafting paper flowers at home can help art enthusiasts create their own beautiful gifting items without investing too much time or energy. Paper flowers are a really versatile decorative item that can be included in various kinds of arrangements. They are also simple and inexpensive to make.
How to make DIY paper flowers to decorate your house this Diwali
The essential requirement for making DIY paper flowers are coloured papers or tissue papers. Along with these, a pair of sharp scissors and a stapler are required. Below, there is a step by step guide to making paper flowers with these.
Read | Skin Care Tips: Follow These Steps To Get The Pre-wedding Bridal Glow
How to make paper flowers - A step by step guide
- The first step in making these DIY paper flowers is to cut and fold the paper.
- Before cutting, the paper will need to be folded in half twice, so that there are four clean folds- horizontally and vertically.
- A corner with all the pieces of the fold- not the one that is joined- should be taken and folded to the opposite edge, so that a triangle is formed in the end.
- Once that is done, the extra bit of paper that remains as a rectangle will need to be trimmed off.
- What will remain is a perfect square. The folds of the square will need to be cut so that in the end, eight individual squares are left.
Read | Skincare Routine: DIY Homemade Face Scrubs To Get Rid Of Blackheads
- The next step is, to begin with, the paper. The pieces of paper should be folded like a fan or an accordion. In the end, seven or eight folds should remain.
- The folds should be brought together and the centre must be folded to keep it in place.
- Next, the edges of the paper should be trimmed. This would ultimately create the petals of the flower. Different types of petals can be created by trimming the paper in different styles. For example, rounding off the edges of the paper would give a rose-like effect.
- The final step would be to separate the individual pieces of paper. This has to be done quite carefully and patiently, to avoid ripping the petals. However, if some petals do rip, there is no need to worry because they will be hidden in the bunch anyway. Fluffing the pieces after unfolding them will lend the flowers some volume as well. For better specificity, it would be easier to do one-half of the flowers at a time.
- Your DIY paper flowers are done.
Read | Home Decor: Festive DIY Ideas To Decorate Your Home This Diwali
This is one of the most popular craft ideas that can be done at home. It should be mentioned here that the process described above is only one of the methods of making paper flowers - the most common one. The steps may change in accordance with the design chosen for the flower.
Read | Craft Ideas For Kids: Top Arts And Crafts Ideas To Boost Creativity