Karwa Chauth is one of the biggest occasions for married women in India. During the Karwa Chauth, the wives and brides-to-be have to do a strict fast for the whole day without any food and water. The festival is just around the corner and such strict fasting can be very difficult to pull off. Here are a few tips for a smoother fasting experience.
Tips for smoother fasting during Karwa Chauth
ALSO READ | Karwa Chauth Festival Scenes As Shown In Iconic Bollywood Movies
- Do not overwork on the day of the fast. Make sure that you don’t exert your body and mind that day.
- Avoid spicy foods and heavy dinner the night before the fast. Add fresh fruits like berries, bananas, pomegranate, and oranges to your Sargi.
- Make sure that you get enough rest before having the Sargi. Your body should be able to process the food before you carry out your daily chores.
- During lunch hours and snack times, try distracting yourself. Talk to your colleagues, stroll around, watch something, listen to music, etc.
- Since your body is not used to such heavy fasting, it is normal to feel dizzy and nauseous during the fasting. Carry a bottle of water and a few candies wherever you go. Just in case, you cannot continue with the fast, these things will help you feel better.
- When breaking the fast, rehydrate your body first. Drink at least one full glass of water.
- Avoid binge-eating as soon as you break the fast. Go for a glass of fresh juice. Add 50% juice and 50% water to make it easier for digestion.
- Prevent having acidic beverages since it will trigger your body’s acidity.
- Go for light and simple food rather than heavy, spicy or oily foods to make it easier for your stomach to digest it.
- Do not pressurize yourself into getting through the fast. Only continue with it, if your body can handle it.
ALSO READ | Karwa Chauth: Here Are Some Bollywood Inspired Looks For The Festival
ALSO READ | Karwa Chauth 2019: Alia Bhatt's Saree Looks To Take Fashion Cues From