It is not only fun but also very easy to make homemade Pasta in your kitchen. Absolutely nothing compares to the taste and texture of freshly baked homemade pasta. Homemade Pasta is something everyone should try making at least once in a lifetime. While most people cook the basic dried pasta that comes in a box, once one learns how to make their own pasta at home, its difference from the dried pasta bought from a store will become apparent
Also Read | Netizens Baffled By The Twists Of Viral Quesadilla-Pizza Recipe
Note: This homemade pasta recipe includes egg.
- Olive oil
How to prepare homemade pasta?
Prepare Your Dough
- Begin by tossing together two cups of flour and half a teaspoon of salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour.
- Add three large eggs and mix the dough well.
- Add one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil on top of it.
Whisk and Knead
- Mix the eggs and oil with a fork.
- Once it is too thick to whisk with a fork, transfer it onto a clean work surface along with any leftover flour from the bowl.
- Knead the dough and remaining flour until you have got a smooth ball of dough.
Also Read | 'Daulat Ki Chaat' - Moonlight, Dewdrops And A Little Bit Of Love And Legend
Let the Dough Rest
- Wrap it loosely with plastic.
- Let the dough rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- If necessary, the wrapped dough can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a day.
Divide the Dough
- When you are almost ready to make your own pasta, divide the dough into four smaller portions.
- Work with one portion at a time.
- Leave the remaining three covered with plastic to prevent them from drying out.
Also Read | BIZARRE: This Cafe Let's The Customers Sip Coffee And Play With Pythons!
Roll the Dough
- Dust the dough abundantly with flour.
- Flatten it into a rectangular shape with your hands.
- Once flattened, begin to roll the dough into a long, thin sheet.
- Along with that, dust the dough liberally with flour on both sides as you go.
Slice It Up
- Dust the pasta with flour yet again.
- Then, fold it into a wide, flat roll.
- To cut the pasta into strips, use a sharp knife.
Loosen the Pasta
- Shake the cut pasta strands out into a loose pile and dust with flour.
- By now, the pasta is ready to be dropped into boiling water to be cooked.
- You can also pile it onto a baking sheet in single portions and freeze for later use.
- Once the pasta is dry, it can be stored in an air-tight container.
Also Read | World Vegetarian Day | Five Most-Loved Indian Vegetarian Dishes
Cook And Enjoy The Pasta
- Keep in mind that fresh pasta cooks much faster than dried pasta.
- A quick three- to four-minute boil in lightly salted water is all you need for a plateful of homemade pasta.
- You can use whichever shape and flavor you wish to.
- Add your pasta sauce and mix it well with the pasta.
- Enjoy your freshly homemade pasta.