At least eight female students were injured after an improvised device blast targeted the University of Ghazni in southern Afghanistan on Tuesday.
Baz Mohammad Hemat, head of Ghazni's provincial hospital has reportedly confirmed that the eight girls were immediately shifted to a hospital for treatment. No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.
According to a government official, an explosion ripped through a wedding hall in Afghanistan's capital in August killing 63 people and critically wounding dozens of people, as Hundreds of people were believed to be inside. The Islamic State (IS) group said it was behind the attack.
Sediq Seddiqi, spokesman for President Ashraf Ghani, said in a Twitter post, "Devastated by the news of a suicide attack inside a wedding hall in Kabul. A heinous crime against our people; how is it possible to train a human and ask him to go and blow himself (up) inside a wedding?!!"
The halls also served as meeting places of formal meetings, and in November at least 55 people were killed after a suicide bomber sneaked into a Kabul wedding hall where hundreds of Muslim religious scholars and clerics had gathered to mark the birthday of the Prophet Muhammad.
An IS statement declared that one of its fighters blew himself up at a large wedding gathering while others detonated a parked explosives-laden vehicle when emergency services arrived.
The Afghan interior ministry confirmed the death toll hours later. Pictures on social media showed bodies strewn across the wedding hall amid overturned chairs and tables. Traditionally, Afghan weddings often include hundreds of guests who gather in large halls where the men are usually segregated from the women and children.
(Inputs from ANI)