In Quang Tri, Vietnam, the doctor in a hospital pumped five litres of beer into a patient's stomach, suffering from alcohol poisoning.
Five litres of beer is equal to 15 cans of beer.
Nguyen Van Nhat, 48 years old suffered from alcohol poisoning, and the doctors found that his methanol level was 1,119 times higher than normal. That means, the hospital's head of Intensive Care Unit, Dr. Le Van Lam said that his body was trying to process too much alcohol at one.
To deceleration, his liver from processing methanol, a team of medical staff transfused on litre of beer into his stomach and then continued to pump one can of beer every hour.
After the doctor finally pumped 15 cans or five litres of beer in his body, he gained consciousness.
This bizarre phenomenon was then explained by the doctors, who said that the alcohol comes in two different variants- methanol and ethanol. The stomach and intestines continue to release alcohol into the bloodstreams even after the person has given up on drinking. This activity leads to a surge in alcohol level in the body, without actually consuming it.
The patient came back to his conscious when the methanol level in his system then oxidized to formaldehyde which in turn produced acid, as per the reports.
The patient was then discharged from the hospital within 3 weeks.
Most of them know the hair of the dog is an arguably solid solution for hangover, who knew this time it could work with alcohol poisoning too? Twitter had some hilarious responses.