Donald Trump Says US Soldiers Can't Be In Syria For Next 50 Years

US News

President, Donald Trump after retracting the US troops from the northeastern Syrian borders, saying that he does not want the army away for the next 50 years

Written By Aanchal Nigam | Mumbai | Updated On:
Donald Trump

On October 12, during his speech, the President of the United States, Donald Trump addressed his decision to retract the American troops from the northeastern Syrian borders. He said that he does not think the US soldiers should be present there for the next 50 years guarding the border between Turkey and Syria especially when they couldn't guard their borders back home. After abandoning its ally, President Trump had to face criticism from other US officials who believed that it was a “betrayal to the Kurdish Forces”. However, the US leader believes that it is using their power for “world peace”. 

Hopes YPG abandons

Donald Trump also said that he hopes YPG, the Syrian branch of the illegal PKK would “back up” from the fight between Turkey and Syria. President Trump also believes that it is hard to beat a force with planes and weapons that Kurds present don't have. However, Turkey currently plans to resettle millions of Syrians in the 30-km safe zone in Syria. According to President Trump, it is “good” that the Kurds are planning to leave and let the borders be along. However, it is still feasible to bring back the US soldiers, “home”. He further says, “it's time”. 

Read - Violent Parody Video Shown At Donald Trump Resort

Read - Ambassador To Testify No Quid Pro Quo Assurance Was Trump’s

What is PKK?

The Turkish campaign against Syria has been ongoing for nearly 30 years, the PKK is listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, US, as well as the European Union. As reported by an international media, PKK has also been responsible for the loss of lives of 40,000 people including, women, children, and infants. The Turkish military operation, Spring of Peace, is also its third operation in Syria which reportedly came two days after the phone call between President Trump and President Erdogan. Washington believes that US soldiers should not be involved in the “immediate area” of the war. Since October 9, when the operation was announced by President Erdogan, Donald Trump has repeatedly tweeted that the “endless wars” in the Middle East should end. 

Read - Donald Trump Backs Rudy Giuliani Despite Warning From Some Aides

Read - Trump Says He's An 'island Of One' After Removing US Troops From Syria

(With agency inputs)

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indians will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS