A newly-married couple arrived at a polling station in Udhampur to cast their votes for Lok Sabha elections 2019. The newlyweds from Jammu and Kashmir casted their votes in full wedding attire. Their pictures have now gone viral on Internet. Take a look:
Read: 2019 Lok Sabha Elections Begin: India Goes To Polls For Phase 2 Of General Elections - Voting To Be Held For 95 Seats
The voting for phase-II for the national elections is being held in 95 Lok Sabha seats across 12 states and one Union Territory i.e. Puducherry.
Here are the constituencies that will go to polls:
- Karimganj, Silchar, Autonomous District, Mangaldoi, Nawgong
- Kishanganj, Katihar, Purnia, Bhagalpur, Banka
- Kanker, Rajnandgaon, Mahasamund
Jammu & Kashmir
- Udupi Chikmagalur, Hassan, Chitradurga, Dakshin Kannada, Tumkur, Mandya, Mysore, Chamarajanagar, Bangalore Rural, Bangalore North, Bangalore Central, Bangalore South, Chikkballapur, Kolar
- Buldhana, Akola, Amravati, Hingoli, Nanded, Parbhani, Beed, Osmanabad, Latur and Solapur
- Bargarh, Sundargarh, Bolangir, Kandhamal, Aska
- Tiruvallur, Chennai North, Chennai South, Chennai Central, Sriperumbudur, Kancheepuram, Arakkonam, Krishnagiri, Dharmapuri, Tiruvannamalai, Arani, Viluppuram, Kallakurichi, Salem, Namakkal, Erode, Tiruppur, Nilgiris, Coimbatore, Pollachi, Dindigul, Karur, Tiruchirappalli, Perambulur, Cuddalore, Chidamabram, Mayiladuthurai, Nagapattinam, Thanjavur, Sivaganga, Theni, Virudhunagar, Ramanathapuram, Thoothukkudi, Tenkasi, Tirunelveli, Kanniyakumari, Madurai
- Nagina, Amroha, Bulandshahr, Aligarh, Hathras, Mathura, Agra, Fatehpur Sikri
- Jalpaiguri, Darjeeling and Raiganj
Read: "Rajniti Ka Damaad": U.P Candidate Dresses Up As A Bridegroom, Rises Horse To File Nomination Form. Picture Here
Earlier in the first phase, a candidate from Shahjahanpur, UP filed nomination for the Lok Sabha elections in a groom’s attire and called himself the ‘son-in-law of politics’. Sanyukt Vikas Party's Vaidh Raj Kishan donned a sherwani, a typical groom turban and rode a horse while being surrounded by people who danced to a popular Bollywood song.
This was followed by a newly married groom who arrived at a polling station in Bijnor, UP to cast his vote. The man, dressed in a suit and a sehra, even posed for a photograph with a security guard that quickly went viral on social media.