Brought to you by

MACHO HINT
ALPENLIBE

Your browser does not support the canvas element.

x

Gramener

Bollywood News

After Tanushree Dutta, Rangoli Chandel Attacks Ajay Devgn Over 'De De Pyaar De', Says, 'These Men Are So Intoxicated With Power And Money'

Written By Chetna Kapoor | Mumbai | Published:

After Tanushree Dutta's open letter taking a dig at Ajay Devgn and the makers of 'De De Pyaar De' for casting Alok Nath in the film, Kangana Ranaut's sister Rangoli Chandel has now made a comment on the same on her Twitter handle.

After indulging in a war of words with Alia Bhatt's family on Twitter, Rangoli Chandel has now attacked the main lead of the film 'De De Pyaar De' Ajay Devgn. She wrote 'It is because of these men our country is a black spot on world map as far as crimes against women are concerned,shame on you bollywood for mocking #MeToo"

READ | Tanushree Dutta Hits Out At Ajay Devgn & Makers Of 'De De Pyaar De' For Casting Alok Nath. Read Her Statement

She further added: "These men are so intoxicated with power and money, they are teasing the movement by supporting fellow harassers and slyly mocking the victims, also shamelessly defending their actions with lame excuses...(contd) (Contd)....and all those who are enjoying the sweetness of silence just because it is happening to somebody else’s daughter shall know the world is round and everything comes around 🙏 #Metoo" [sic]

Here's the post -

Tanushree released a statement on Wednesday and said, "Tinsel town is full of liars, show-offs and spineless hypocrites. And it seems by a large public consensus that the signpost is pointing currently at Ajay Devgn. During the #metoo movement in India the actor had tweeted and sworn never to work with those accused and now in a surprising and convenient turn of events is Working with rape and harassment accused Alok Nath and supporting him make a comeback to Bollywood. Doesn't this prove yet again that your big Bollywood heroes are truly zeroes!"

Tanushree added, "It was possible to re-shoot Alok Nath’s scenes once the allegations against him were made public, but no, they had to keep the alleged rapist in their film and rub it on not only accuser Vinta Nanda's but on all our faces."

This open letter by Dutta comes after Ajay had earlier expressed during the #MeToo movement that he wouldn’t work with anyone who has been accused. In October 2018, Ajay wrote on Twitter: "I'm disturbed by all the happenings with regards to #MeToo. My company and I believe in providing women with utmost respect and safety. If anyone has wronged even a single woman, neither ADF nor I will stand for it."

 

 

Get the latest entertainment news from India & around the world. Now follow your favourite television celebs and telly updates. Republic World is your one-stop destination for trending Bollywood news. Tune in today to stay updated with all the latest news and headlines from the world of entertainment.

DO NOT MISS