(Source: Twitter)
(Source: Twitter)

Bollywood News

Amid Sexual Harassment Allegations, Sony TV Confirms Anu Malik's Exit From 'Indian Idol 10'

Written By Snehal Kataruka | Mumbai | Published:

Hack:

  • There were speculations of Anu Malik stepping down from his position as the judge from the show, but Sony TV on October 21 confirmed it by issuing an official statement.  
  • Anu Malik too confired his exit from the show.

Anu Malik was recently caught in the whirlwind of the ongoing #Metoo movement. The veteran music composer has been accused of sexual harassment by singers Shweta Pandit and Sona Mohapatra. Recently, two more victims came forward and accused the 'Indian Idol' judge. Earlier there were speculations of Anu Malik stepping down from his position as the judge from the show, but SONY TV on October 21 gave out a statement and confirmed the speculations.

Read | EXCLUSIVE | Anu Malik Issues Statement Regarding His Departure From 'Indian Idol 10' Post Sexual Harassment Allegations

Anu Malik is no longer a part of the Indian Idol jury panel. The show will continue its planned schedule and we will invite some of the biggest names in Indian music as guests to join Vishal and Neha to judge the extraordinary talent of Indian Idol season 10.

Anu Malik too in an exclusive conversation with Republic TV confirmed his exit from the show and said, 

"I have issued a statement to the channel (Sony):

"I, Anu Malik, have decided to take a break from Indian Idol as I am currently unable to focus on my work on the show."

The channel (Sony) has been kind to agree for the same. Thank you''

Reportedly, Ever since the allegations against Anu Malik came to the foray, the channel, who takes the matters related to sexual harassment very seriously, had been internally discussing the matter and has now decided to drop Anu as the judge till the further case is investigated. 

Meanwhile, Anu Malik's Lawyer Zulfiquar Memon spoke on his behalf and said,

Read | #MeToo: Anu Malik's Lawyer Denies Sexual Harassment Allegations, Calls It 'false' And 'baseless'

''The allegations made against my client are emphatically denied as completely false and baseless. My client respects the #MeToo Movement but to use this movement to start a character assassination mission is obnoxious" 

Besides Anu Malik, several prominent personalities like Alok Nath, Vikas Bahl, Rajat Kapoor, Kailash Kher, Mukesh Chhabra, Vinod Dua, Sham Kaushal, and Jatin Das among many others have been accused of alleged sexual harassment by women who have come forward and shared their #MeToo stories. 

 

 

Get the latest entertainment news from India & around the world. Now follow your favourite television celebs and telly updates. Republic World is your one-stop destination for trending Bollywood news. Tune in today to stay updated with all the latest news and headlines from the world of entertainment.

DO NOT MISS