Bollywood News

#MeToo: Vikas Bahl Exonerated By Reliance Entertainment Over Sexual Assault Allegations, Will Return As The Director Of Hrithik Roshan-starrer ‘Super 30’

Written By Joel Kurian | Mumbai | Published:

Hack:

  • As per reports, the internal complaints committee report of Reliance Entertainment, which held a 50 percent stake in Phantom Films, has exonerated Bahl over the accusations. 
  • Shibasish Sarkar, Group CEO, Reliance Entertainment, has confirmed that with the latest development, there was no choice but to credit him again as the director of ‘Super 30.’ 
  • According to reports, the complainant failed to make an appearance in front of the committee probing the allegations; the respondent and those associated with both the parties presented their views.

Vikas Bahl is all set to be credited back as the director of ‘Super 30’ after being given a clean chit by Reliance Entertainment, one of the makers of the Hrithik Roshan-starrer and partners of the now-defunct Phantom Films, over sexual assault allegations made by the filmmaker’s former colleague.  

READ: #MeToo: Anurag Kashyap Says Vikas Bahl Had Cried, Confessed And Promised To Go To Rehab

As per reports, the internal complaints committee report of Reliance Entertainment, which held a 50 percent stake in Phantom Films, has exonerated Bahl over the accusations. Shibasish Sarkar, Group CEO, Reliance Entertainment, has confirmed that with the latest development, there was no choice but to credit him again as the director of ‘Super 30.’ 

According to reports, the complainant failed to make an appearance in front of the committee probing the allegations; the respondent and those associated with both the parties presented their views. The committee arrived at their decision after examining their statements. 

READ: ‘Vikas Bahl Is A Sexual Offender’, Says Vikramaditya Motwane

A female employee of Phantom Films, which had been dissolved over creative differences in October 2018, before the #Metoo controversy erupted in the same month, had alleged that Bahl touched her inappropriately and masturbated on her in a hotel room after a party during a work trip in Goa in 2015. 

Anurag Kashyap, one of the partners in Phantom, had confirmed that the incident did take place, and stated that he ‘named and shamed’ Bahl long back, but also that according to terms of their contract, there was no provision to remove him as the partner of the company. 

Even the other partner, director Vikramaditya Motwane termed Bahl a ‘sexual offender’ and also stated that they tried to take action against him. Bahl had then sent defamation notices to both the filmmakers. 

Hrithik had then stated that it was impossible for him to work with anyone ‘'guilty’ and Bahl’s name was reportedly dropped from the venture.

‘Super 30’ is gearing up for release on July 12. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

समय बदल रहा है। Welcome to #Super30

A post shared by Hrithik Roshan (@hrithikroshan) on

 

 

Get the latest entertainment news from India & around the world. Now follow your favourite television celebs and telly updates. Republic World is your one-stop destination for trending Bollywood news. Tune in today to stay updated with all the latest news and headlines from the world of entertainment.

DO NOT MISS