Pak Petition Seeks Priyanka Chopra's Removal As UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador After She Tweeted 'Jai Hind' In Support Of IAF

Bollywood News

Petition has been filed against Priyanka Chopra who took to her Twitter account and posted, "Jai Hind #IndianArmedForces"

Written By Chetna Kapoor | Mumbai | Updated On:

Netizens are angry after Priyanka Chopra tweeted 'Jai Hind' on February 26. The tweet was shared by the actress after IAF pilots destroyed the biggest Jaish terror camp in Balakot, Pakistan.

Why the aggression? People believe that Priyanka 'cheered for war'. So, a petition has been filed against Priyanka Chopra to remove her as the UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador.

READ | Priyanka Chopra Salutes The Indian Armed Forces After IAF's Blitz Of Pakistan's Terror Bases, Here's Her Message

A user commented: "Can the @UN please take back their ambassadorship from Priyanka Chopra ?Celebs who fuel wars have no reason to be talking about human rights at any forum. Someone who ‘apparently’ works for children’s rights, needs to be schooled about the impact of war on children? #SayNoToWar", while the other tweeted: "You are a goodwill ambassador of PEACE! I'm not even from Pakistan and I find this disgusting! You can't pick & choose where peace goes! We need peace for the whole world!   @priyankachopra"

The petition on website Avaaz.org says: “War between two nuclear powers can only lead to destruction & death. As goodwill ambassador of UNICEF, Priyanka Chopra was supposed to stay neutral & peaceful but her tweet in favour of Indian arm forces after they invaded Pakistan airspace shows otherwise. She doesn’t deserve this title anymore." Reportedly, the petition has already received 2,200 signatures.

READ | WORLD WITH INDIA: US Stands With India After IAF Blitzes Pakistan's Terror Bases, Reveals Post-strikes 'end Terror' Communication With Imran Govt

On February 26, the country woke up to the news of Indian Air Force (IAF) destroying one of the biggest Jaish-E-Mohammad camps in Balakot, Pakistan. This attack came as an answer to the terrorist group, who carried out the cowardly terror attack in Jammu And Kashmir’s Pulwama district on Feb 14, when a Jaish-e-Mohammed suicide bomber rammed into a bus carrying CRPF jawans killing 40 jawaans. Surgical strike 2 was conducted between 3:58 am and 4:04 am on Feb 26. ANI tweeted, “Balakot, Chakothi and Muzaffarabad terror launch pads across the LOC completely destroyed in IAF air strikes. JeM control rooms also destroyed.”

ANI quoted Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale, who released an official statement. He said, “Credible intelligence was received that Jaish-e-Mohammed was attempting another suicide terror attack in various parts of the country & fidayeen jihadis were being trained for this purpose. Credible information was received that JeM was attempting other attacks in the country. A pre-emptive strike became important. India struck the biggest camp of JeM in Balakot."

He further added, “India is firmly and resolutely committed to taking all measures to fight the menace of terrorism. This non-military pre-emptive action was targeted specifically at JeM camp. The selection of the target was also conditioned by our desire to avoid civilian casualties.” 

 

 

Get the latest entertainment news from India & around the world. Now follow your favourite television celebs and telly updates. Republic World is your one-stop destination for trending Bollywood news. Tune in today to stay updated with all the latest news and headlines from the world of entertainment.

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indian will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS