Phoebe Buffay was always the eccentric one of the group, but her friends still loved her and stuck with her till the end. That was thanks to her determination and kindness. Phoebe always stuck to her guns and kept trying no matter how many times she failed. Even if her efforts were often in vain, we can all still learn a lot from Phoebe. Here are eight times that Phoebe Buffay gave us life goals that are worth following.
Friends: Here are some of the top facts on the iconic American TV show
Friends: Eight times Phoebe gave us important life lessons
Also read | Emmys 2019: Game of Thrones scores record-breaking 32 nominations as HBO trumps Netflix, no big bang for Big Bang Theory
- Never be afraid to say NO! Have you ever been in a situation where your friends or family want you to do something but you are not really interested? Phoebe was never afraid to say no when she did not want to do something. We can all follow her footsteps and just back out even if it annoys our friends.
- Always have faith in your talents. Phoebe once said that she never doubted herself when it came to her talents. This is why she never stopped singing even when others told her she was bad.
- Do not worry about the future. We often get too engrossed thinking about the future to live the present. Phoebe was once asked if she had a plan and her response was that she did not even have a "Pla."
- Try to be positive and avoid hate. Be positive not only to yourself but to others as well. According to Phoebe, there's no need to add more hatred to the universe.
- Always be there for your friends. Your friends are forever, so try to stick by them through their ups and downs in life. Phoebe was always there for her friends. They were the most important part of her life.
- There is nothing wrong with being different. Phoebe was without a doubt the strangest person among her friends. She was quirky and always trying new short-term gigs. But she always stood strong, remained positive, and kept her head held high no matter what.
- Always wear what makes you comfortable. Phoebe always had her own unique sense of fashion. Even if she looked strange and out of place, she never cared.
- Trust your instincts and stick to your beliefs. Phoebe still believes in Santa Claus, and there is nothing wrong with that. So if you believe in something, do not be swayed or discouraged by others.
Here were some of the life lessons that we learnt from Phoebe. There is a lot to learn from the characters in Friends. That is the reason why it is still one of the best sitcoms to this day. Friends recently celebrated its 25th anniversary.
Also read | Friends: Here are five most hilarious Chandler-Joey moments
Also read | Jim Parsons opens up about the ending of 'The Big Bang Theory'
Get the latest entertainment news from India & around the world. Now follow your favourite television celebs and telly updates. Republic World is your one-stop destination for trending Bollywood news. Tune in today to stay updated with all the latest news and headlines from the world of entertainment.