- Prime Minister Modi's 2.0 government cleared a special scheme for Control of Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) and Brucellosis
- The scheme envisages vaccination coverage to 30 crore bovines (cows, bulls, and buffaloes) and 20 crore sheep, goat and 10 million pigs, according to the Press Information Bureau.
In the first Cabinet meeting after the allocation of portfolios, Prime Minister Modi's 2.0 government cleared a special scheme for Control of Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) and Brucellosis common among livestock.
The diseases of Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) and Brucellosis is known to be common among cows, bulls, buffaloes, sheep, goats, pigs and other livestock was approved with a total outlay of Rs. 13,343 crores to control the diseases within the next five years and subsequently eradicate it.
The scheme envisages vaccination coverage to 30 crore bovines (cows, bulls, and buffaloes) and 20 crore sheep, goat and 10 million pigs, according to the Press Information Bureau.
The program that was implemented on cost sharing between Central and State governments, will now be fully sponsored by the Center.
READ| Modi Cabinet 2.0 Announces Shramyogi Mandhan Yojna - Pension For Over Three Small Traders, Shopkeepers
Apart from that, to address the agrarian crisis, PM Modi's government in a historic decision has announced to extend the PM-KISAN scheme to benefit all farmers across the country.
Addressing the agrarian crisis, PM Modi's Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana will now cater to over 15 crore farmer families as the expansion will benefit landless farmers along with those who have less than 5 acres (2 hectares) of land.
The move comes on the day when the portfolio allocation list of Ministers was released-
Prime Minister Narendra Modi: Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Department of Atomic Energy, Department of Space,
- Rajnath Singh: Minister of Defence
- Amit Shah: Minister of Home Affairs
- Nitin Gadkari: Minister of Road Transport and Highways, Minister of Water Resources, MSMEs
- DV Sadananda Gowda: Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Nirmala Sitharaman: Minister of Finance and Minister of Corporate Affairs
- Ram Vilas Paswan: Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
- Narendra Singh Tomar: Minister of Minister of Rural Development, Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister of Panchayati Raj
- Ravi Shankar Prasad: Minister of Law and Justice, and Minister of Electronics and Information Technology, Minister of Communications
- Harsimrat Kaur Badal: Minister of Food Processing Industries
- Thaawarchand Gehlot: Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment
- S Jaishankar: Minister of External Affairs
- Ramesh Pokhriyal: Minister of HRD
- Arjun Munda: Minister of Tribal Affairs
- Smriti Irani: Minister of Women and Child Development, Minister of Textiles
- Prakash Javadekar: Minister of Information and Broadcasting, Environment, Forest and Climate change
- Harsh Vardhan: Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Minister of Science and Technology, Minister of Earth Sciences
- Piyush Goyal: Minister of Railways, Commerce and Industry
- Dharmendra Pradhan: Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Minister of Steel.
- Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi: Minister of Minority Affairs.
- Pralhad Joshi: Minister of Parliamentary Affairs; Minister of Coal; and Minister of Mines.
- Mahendra Nath Pandey: Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- Arvind Ganpat Sawant: Minister of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprise.
- Giriraj Singh: Minister of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries.
- Gajendra Singh Shekhawat: Minister of Jal Shakti.
READ| Modi Cabinet 2.0: From Amit Shah To Anurag Thakur, Here Is The List Of First-time Ministers And Their Portfolios