General News

Bihar Man Returns Home From The Dead On Last Day Of His Mourning

Written By Misha Bhatt | Mumbai | Published:


  • A man in Bihar returned home on the day his family performed his Terahvin, which is the last day of mourning ceremony
  • 49-year-old Sanjeev Kumar is mentally-challenged and had gone missing from home

A shocking incident left everybody bewildered at Bihar's Muzaffarpur when a 49-year-old man, Sanjeev Kumar returned home on the day his family was observing his Terahvin (a ceremony conducted to mark the final mourning day after the death of a person).

READ | Bihar government bans pan masala for another year, 20 brands banished

It was later discovered that Sanjeev Kumar, who is a mentally-challenged, just went missing. On August 26 this year, Kumar suddenly went missing after which his family filed a police complaint. A few days later, the police found out the body of an unidentified man by the banks of the Gandak river. The unidentified body was sent for post-mortem at Shrikrishna Medical College & Hospital, Muzaffarpur (SKMCH).

READ | Extinct bird species have evolved and come 'back from dead' after 136,000 years

'We are happy now that our son is back home'- Ram Sevak Thakur upon his son's return

Sanjeev Kumar's father went to the hospital and claimed the unidentified body to be that of his son. The body was later brought by Sevak Thakur (Sanjeev Kumar's father) who cremated it.

In his statement given to ANI, Ram Sevak Thakur (Sanjeev Kumar's father)  said, " On August 25, he went missing then we filed the report in the police. Later, we got to know about the body. We claimed the body as our son. We brought the body with us and cremated him. We are very happy now that our son is back."

READ | BIZARRE | Man Stops To Urinate On Road In UP, 2 Allegedly Flee With His Motorbike

In another bizarre incident, a man returns home in Karnatka after his family believed of him to be dead

In a similar incident earlier in July this year, a man from Karnataka returned home after his family had conducted the 11th-day post-death rituals. Shivanna, a resident of Shankha village of Karnataka had left home after a quarrel with his wife. The wife had then filed a police complaint. Two days later the local police found a body near the bus stand and called for Shivanna's family to identify the body. Since the face was unrecognisable, Deepa (Shivanna's wife) refused to accept the body saying the shirt on the body was not what her husband wore while leaving the house. The family, however, refused to believe her and claimed the body after which it was cremated.

READ | Pak neta who got a shock on saying 'Modi' claims 'India wants me dead'

(With Inputs from ANI)