Home Minister Rajnath Singh & Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis Confer After Gadchiroli Maoist Attack In Which At Least 16 Jawans Have Been Martyred, Issue Updates And Statements

General News

Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Wednesday tweeted expressing grief about the Maoist attack in Gadchiroli in which 16 jawans have been martyred. He said that the MHA is in constant touch with the state administration

Written By Apoorva Rao | Mumbai | Updated On:

Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Wednesday tweeted expressing grief about the Maoist attack in Gadchiroli in which 15 jawans and a driver have been martyred.

He said that the Home Ministry is in constant touch with the state administration.

READ | Maoist Attack In Maharashtra's Gadchiroli, Security Personnel Targeted In IED Blast: UPDATES Here

Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis also tweeted after the incident saying that he was anguished to learn about the attack

Condemning the incident, he said that the government will fight this menace with stronger effort.

Gadchiroli Police sources told Republic Media Network that last night around 200-250 Maoist attacked a construction site and these Maoists are known to be a part of the Maharashtra and Chhattisgarh Dalam (Naxal units)

About the attack:

An IED blast was carried out by Maoists on a police vehicle on Wednesday in Gadchiroli area of Maharashtra. As per reports, several officers of the C60 Commando Unit have suffered injuries. 

The incident happened when 20 jawans of Quick Response Team were on their way to the sight where the Maoists burnt the vehicles later last night on April 30.  Meanwhile, the injured jawans have been shifted to the nearby hospital. More details are awaited.

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indians will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS