- As India is celebrating its 73rd Independence Day, Mahindra Group Chairman Anand Mahindra has attracted Twitteratti yet again
- This time, Mahindra extended his Independence Day wishes as he complimented a patriotic video
- The people in the video are seen singing songs from some of the best movies in Bollywood
As India celebrates its 73rd Independence Day on Thursday, Mahindra Group Chairman Anand Mahindra took to Twitter mark the occasion through a patriotic medley.
Mahindra extended his Independence Day greetings through a music video, saying that 'emotions are best expressed through songs.' In the video, several singers could be seen [performing on remixes of Bollywood patriotic, music.
The people in the video could be seen singing Bollywood songs including the classics including- 'Maa Tujhe Salaam', 'Jai Ho', 'Chak De India' among few others. The end result is a brilliant mashup of these songs. Anand Mahindra posted the video from his Twitter handle and extended his wishes:
"We sing as one... Happy Independence Day everyone." he wrote
READ: Anand Mahindra Super-impressed After Iran Gym-goers Break Into Impromptu Bhangra On A Tamil Song, Watch Video
After Anand Mahindra's tweet, his followers joined him to compliment the video. Here's what they had to say:
READ: Anand Mahindra Wants To Know The Origin Of The Word 'Jhakaas', Anil Kapoor's Stakes His Claim
Prime Minister Narendra Modi had delivered a speech at 7.30 am where he spoke about a host of issues concerning the nation, after hoisting the national flag at the Red Fort.
Here are the highlights of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's address to the nation on the 73rd Independence Day on Thursday:
- One nation, one constitution spirit has become a reality after scrapping of provisions of Article 370 and India is proud of it.
- 'Population explosion' causes new challenges for coming generations, central and state governments should launch measures to deal with it.
- There is a 'huge' scope for improvement in the tourism sector, everyone should visit at least 15 tourist destinations within India by 2022.
- Chief of Defence Staff to ensure coordination and provide effective leadership to three services will be created.
- Discussions should now be held on one nation, one election, it is imperative to make the country great.
- India can become a 5 trillion dollar economy in the next five years.
- We have decided to invest Rs 100 lakh crore in infrastructure building.
- India does not want to wait too long for incremental progress. A high jump is needed, our thought process has to be expanded.
- Our aim is to reach among first 50 nations in ease of doing business.
- 'Jal Jivan' mission to make drinking water available to all households announced, govt will spend Rs 3.5 lakh crore for it.
- GST brought to life the dream of one nation, one tax. India has also achieved one nation, one grid in the energy sector.
- The scrapping of Triple Talaq will help Muslim women live a better life; the decision should not be seen through a political prism.
- India is strongly fighting against those supporting terrorism.
- India is not the only target of terrorism in the region; countries like Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Afghanistan have also been affected.
- If 2014-19 was an era to fulfil people's needs, the time since 2019 is about meeting aspirations and dreams.
- Peoples trust in us have given us new strength, the 2019 mandate shows that hopelessness has given way to hope among masses.
- Every effort made to remove corruption and black money is welcome; these are menaces that have ruined India for 70 years.
- The government should have a minimal role in people's lives.
- Let our people have the freedom of pursuing their own aspirations, let the right eco-system be made in this regard.
- India will soon become open defecation free country.