National Security Advisor (NSA) Ajit Doval has briefed the Cabinet Committee on Security (CSS) that the top commanders of Jaish-e-Mohammad have been wiped after Indian Air Force conducted a pre-dawn air strike, destroying 3 terror camps of JeM in Pakistan within 21 minutes.
Top sources have informed Republic TV that the National Security Advisor informed the committee about the following points:
- 25 top commanders have been killed in the air strike
- The target demolished was not an ordinary terror launch pad or base, rather it was a virtual garrison
- The terror facility destroyed had firing ranges, explosive test facilities, air-conditioned offices of trainers, barracks for those under terror training
- The facility demolished by Air Force had facilities like swimming pools, recreation centres
- The facility was built with army/ISI assistance
- The larger number of the terrorist present at the facility was due to - post-Pulwama decision to move out terrorists from launch pads
WATCH: "Saugandh Mujhe Iss Mitti Ke, Mai Desh nahi mitne Dunga": Prime Minister Modi Salutes IAF's '21-minutes' Strike On Pak Terror Camps, Assures That "the Nation Is In Safe Hands"
Hours after a dozen IAF jets pounded terror camps across LoC, India confirmed the action, saying it had targeted the biggest training camp of Jaish-e-Mohammad, the terror group involved that claimed responsibility for the February 14 attack on a CRPF convoy in which 40 jawans were martyred.
Here are the full details of how the IAF prepared and carried out the pre-dawn strike crushing Pak terror camps to the pulp, as per top sources:
- Raksha Mantri was presented with multiple retaliatory options
- Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanya drew up the plan for retaliatory air strikes
- Indian Army and Air Force stepped up the air surveillance along the LoC.
- Drones were also used for the surveillance
- Target spots were selected around Feb 20-21
- Two Mirage squadrons with 12 jets were designated for the mission
- Early warning jet of Embraer platform and mid-air refueller did a trial run
- 12 Mirage 2000s, equipped with laser-guided bombs, take off in batches
- They fly at a low-level across LoC near Muzaffarabad
- The laser pods were used to pinpoint targets
Read: "New India Will Not Spare Any Acts Of Terror": BJP President Amit Shah Salutes The Valour Of Forces, Gives Out A Stern Message To Perpetrators Of Terror After India Strikes Pak's Terror Camps
The reported strike comes days after the Pulwama attack, where 40 CRPF personnel were killed. Pakistan-based terror outfit JeM had claimed responsibility for the attack. The incident has escalated tensions between the two neighbours, with New Delhi vowing to take stern action against Islamabad.