The Balakot-based Jaish-e-Mohammad terror camp destroyed by the Indian Air Force on Tuesday was located on the bank of the Kunhar river in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan and was also used by the Hizbul Mujahideen terror group. It was a 7 star camp with swimming pools and all other amenities which has now been brought down to dust.
Top sources have informed Republic TV that before the '21-minutes' terror strike 325 active terrorist and 8 handlers were present in Balakot camp. However, Pakistan perceived that India may attack. Terrorists were moved from multiple camps from inside the PoK to stronghold Balakot camp.
As per the top sources, Balakot was considered as the strong-hold by the terrorists.
- In the early morning hours of February 26, IAF conducted a precision hit on a vast, advanced, training camp at Balakot in KPK Pakistan.
- Balakot was an important training Center for the JeM and other terror organisations. It had several structures to accommodate terrorist trainees and facilities to train them. It was used for battle inoculation.
- Before the inception of JeM, the camp was also used by Hizbul Mujahideen.
- Inspirational lectures were delivered by Masood Azhar and other terrorist leaders on several occasions.
- Situated on Kunhar river, the camp offered possibility of aquatic training to terrorists also. The camp housed more than two hundred terrorists. The trainers were ex Army personnel.
- The terrorists were imparted the advanced Daura-e-Khaas training in weapons, explosives and field tactics, tactics for attacking SF convoys, planting and making IEDs, preparations for suicide bombing, rigging vehicles for suicide attacks and survival tactics in high altitudes and extreme-stress situations.
- JeM specialises in fidayeen actions and gives immense importance to religious indoctrination and ideological brainwashing.
- Masood Azhar's relatives and cadres were trained at Balakot in advanced weapons and tactics
WATCH: "Saugandh Mujhe Iss Mitti Ke, Mai Desh nahi mitne Dunga": Prime Minister Modi Salutes IAF's '21-minutes' Strike On Pak Terror Camps, Assures That "the Nation Is In Safe Hands"
Earlier, the top sources have told Republic TV that Prime Minister Modi supervised the operation as he was present in the situation room at South block during the strike. Here are the full details of how the IAF prepared and carried out the pre-dawn strike crushing Pak terror camps to the pulp, as per top sources:
- Raksha Mantri was presented with multiple retaliatory options
- Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanya drew up the plan for retaliatory air strikes
- Indian Army and Air Force stepped up the air surveillance along the LoC.
- Drones were also used for the surveillance
- Target spots were selected around Feb 20-21
- Two Mirage squadrons with 12 jets were designated for the mission
- Early warning jet of Embraer platform and mid-air refueller did a trial run
- 12 Mirage 2000s, equipped with laser-guided bombs, take off in batches
- They fly at a low-level across LoC near Muzaffarabad
- The laser pods were used to pinpoint targets
Read: "New India Will Not Spare Any Acts Of Terror": BJP President Amit Shah Salutes The Valour Of Forces, Gives Out A Stern Message To Perpetrators Of Terror After India Strikes Pak's Terror Camps
The reported strike comes days after the Pulwama attack, where 40 CRPF personnel were killed. Pakistan-based terror outfit JeM had claimed responsibility for the attack. The incident has escalated tensions between the two neighbours, with New Delhi vowing to take stern action against Islamabad.