Apart from booking tickets through the Indian Railway booking counter, passengers can now easily book their railway tickets through their mobile phones. Launched by the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), booking e-tickets over the mobile phone has been around for a few years now.
A user needs to install the IRCTC app on their mobile device. These apps are functional on almost every popular smartphone, from a basic model to high-end ones. On completion of the initial downloading and installation process, it will be quite easy for the users to book and reserve tickets through their phones.
Also Read | IRCTC: Updates, Announcements And Basics Of Ticket Booking
IRCTC Rail Connect – Mobile App
- Open the app – Register/Login (you can log in using the same credentials as used on the website).
- Once you are logged in, the app will prompt you to generate a four-digit pin for future logins.
- On the app sidebar – Go to My Account – Manage Master List – Create your passenger profile (this profile will come handy especially when you try to book a Tatkal ticket which starts at 10 AM).
- You will be directed to the dashboard once you have logged in. Now go to Plan Journey – Look up the relevant trains – Book Now – Click the ‘Add’ sign on top and choose the profile you have created through the Master List – Enter the Captcha and Proceed to Payments.
- Under Payments, you have these options – eWallets and BHIM/Netbanking/Others – Select the preferred option and pay the amount.
Also Read | IRCTC: Book A Ticket On IRCTC By Following These Basic Steps
Alternately, one can also book a ticket through the IRCTC website:
- Go to URL https://www.irctc.co.in/ and log in to with your existing IRCTC user id and password.
- Click on Book Ticket and fill in details for plan my travel.
- Select the train and continue the booking.
- Use existing passenger list or add passengers.
- Confirm booking details and pay through Credit/debit card to get successful.
Once you have completed the booking, you will receive a reservation message with complete details including PNR, train no, date of journey, class etc.
The PNR train number helps you check the booking status of your train ticket. It lets you check whether the ticket has been confirmed, on the waiting list (WL) or under reservation against cancellation (RAC). It can be checked here: http://www.indianrail.gov.in/enquiry/PNR/PnrEnquiry.html
You may also seek assistance of a licenced IRCTC agent to book rail tickets.
Do You Require Any Documents?
Passengers do not require any ID proof during the booking process. However, one needs to present a government recognized ID proof at the time of boarding. This ID proof can either be a Driving License, Voters ID, Aadhar card, Pan card, Passport, or a Senior Citizen ID.
Also Read | IRCTC Updates: Indian Railways Announce More Trains, IMudra Wallet
Also Read | IRCTC Ticket Booking: Steps For Pre-booking And Cancellation, Online