In the aftermath of the Pulwama terror attack, the Indian government and armed forces vowed to give a befitting reply to Pakistan for being the home for terror outfits like Jaish-e-Mohammed.
Early on Tuesday, the armed forces, in the best possible manner, not only avenged the Pulwama martyrs, but also sent a stern message to the neighboring country that terrorism of any kind will not be tolerated.
Using a dozen Mirage 2000 jets, three hubs of JeM - Balakot, Chakhoti, Muzaffarabad - were blown away by laser-guided bombs, in which 245 soldiers and terrorists were neutralized, sources said.
While the attack took place in the wee hours of Tuesday, the Indian government had planted the seed for the attack within hours after the Pulwama terror attack. Six steps, in different quarters, were taken to bring Pakistan down to its knees before the final attack was launched.
- Roll back of MFN: Less than 24 hours after the dastardly attack in Pulwama, the Indian government took the diplomatic route to isolate Pakistan. The Most Favored Nation (MNF) status was withdrawn from the neighboring country, which was followed by hiking the basic customs duty on all goods imported from Pakistan to 200%.
READ: India Withdraws Pakistan's Most Favoured Nation (MFN) Status: Union Minister Arun Jaitley Says There Is Incontrovertible Evidence Of Pak's Direct Hand In Pulwama Terror Attack
- JeM mastermind eliminated: Within 100 hours of the attack in which 40 CRPF jawans attained martyrdom, a joint-operation was launched in the very same Pulwama district, and the mastermind of the earlier attack along with two others who were involved were gunned down.
MUST READ | Here’s Why Slain Jaish Commander Kamran Is A Big Catch For Indian Forces Post Pulwama Attack
- Water taps closed: The Indian government continued being on the offensive against Pakistan by stopping the water which flew from rivers in India to the neighboring country. Water resources minister Nitin Gadkari announced that the water flowing from rivers Ravi, Sutlej, Beas will now be utilised to nurture the Yamuna project.
READ: BIG STATEMENT: 'Water Flowing To Pakistan Will Now Be Used To Nurture Yamuna,' Says Union Minister Nitin Gadkari In Another Step To Corner Pak
- Security covers revoked: In a major step to curb terror mindset coming from within the country, the Indian government decided to withdraw security provided to 18 Hurriyat leaders and 155 political persons. This came about after Home Minister Rajnath Singh made it clear that anyone taking support from ISI or Pakistan while living in India will not be given any kind of security.
READ: Government Downgrades And Withdraws The Security Of All 18 Hurriyat Leaders And 155 Other Political Persons
- Yasin Malik arrested: Continuing its crackdown on the seperatists, the J&K police on February 22 detained JKLF (Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front) chief Yasin Malik. He is one of those demanding Kashmir to be seperated from India.
READ: JKLF Chief Yasin Malik Arrested From His J&K Residence In Crackdown On Separatists
- Three JeM terrorists gunned down: Just a couple of days before the massive operation was undertaken, security forces neutralized three JeM operators in the Kulgam district. The state cops said that they were intending to execute yet another terror attack in J&K.
READ: Deputy SP Martyred, Terrorist Killed In Encounter In J&K's Kulgam District
- The final blow: After days of planning and preparation, something which was done discreetly, 12 Mirage 2000 jets were flown from India, and within a space of 21 minutes, they used laser-guided bombs to destroy three camps of the JeM. It is reported that close to 250 terrorists were neutralized from this operation.
READ: MASSIVE: 245 Foot-soldiers And Terrorists Neutralised As India Decimates Jaish-e-Mohammed Terror Factories Across LoC: Sources