After five hours of marathon questioning in connection with an alleged money laundering case, Robert Vadra left the Enforcement Directorate office on Wednesday. Robert Vadra entered the ED office at around 3:47 pm after he which was grilled on an array of questions relating to his multiple properties in London and his connection with Manoj Arora, Sanjay Bhandari and CC Thampi by the ED. While Vadra denied all allegations of possessing illegal foreign assets and termed the probe a 'political witch hunt; against him, the ED did not buy his answers and has summoned Vadra again on Thursday for further questioning, as per sources.
Here's what Republic's Editor-in-Chief Arnab Goswami had to say on the matter:
"I have few questions for the Vadra-Gandhi family and specifically Vadra family:
1. What exactly is the business-the very lucrative business- that Vadra is engaged in?
2. Is he a real estate tycoon, A petrol king, the prince of Wales in disguise, or a tech genius? What exactly does he do?
3. Why does he have so many flats in London? And so much property in Dubai? How did it come his way? And who gave it to him?
4. Does the Vadra Gandhi family approve of and support his shady business dealings?
5. Does Priyanka Vadra support him as his wife and a politician? Or only as a wife and not as a politician?
6. If Priyanka and Sonia and Rahul approve of Vadra, then Does it mean they support corruption come what may as long as they get a share?
7. Why was Vadra let off till now? And now that there is insurmountable evidence against him, why hasn’t he been arrested?"
Robert Vadra arrived at the ED office in Delhi, accompanied by his wife Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, who didn’t get out of the car during the time. However, moments after dropping her husband, Priyanka Gandhi took charge as the Congress general secretary for UP East at AICC headquarters on Wednesday afternoon. As per agency reports, she extended support to her husband, saying “I stand by my husband. I support my family" amid the controversies prevailing against her husband businessman Robert Vadra.