Earlier on Monday, in the quest for the truth in the Sunanda Pushkar death case, Republic TV’s Editor-in-chief and Editor, News and Special Investigations sent a formal letter to Shashi Tharoor’s email ID. In the letter, Republic TV requested Mr. Tharoor for a formal interview on the case relating to the death of his wife.
Republic TV’s request comes after fresh details emerged regarding the Delhi Police’s alleged lapses in the Sunanda Pushkar death case.
Dear Mr. Tharoor,
We are writing to you on behalf of the editorial team at the Republic TV regarding the emergence of certain information in the case of Sunanda Pushkar's death, seeking a formal interview so that we carry your version on the Sunanda Pushkar's death case.
We have come across information and reports that a Sub Divisional magistrate report indicated that Ms. Pushkar's sad demise was potentially a case of poisoning and was to be investigated as a case of murder by the Delhi police.
As per the latest information in the police domain, the 'first report' which was allegedly prepared by then Deputy Commissioner Of Police BS Jaiswal, states that the SDM who inspected Ms. Pusjkar's room after her death was alleged of the view that she had not committed suicide. In addition, below are certain highlights of the surfacing reports:
1. The report states that the Sub Divisional Magistrate ordered the Station House Officer of Sarojini Nagar to investigate the case as a case of murder
2. The report allegedly said ''Whether poisoned was orally given or injected is a matte to be probed
3. The report, which alleges a reported ''scuffle'' between yourself and Ms. Pushkar, was submitted to MHA. This submitted report, which speaks of injuries on Ms. Pushkar's body allegedly reads, ''These seem to have caused due to a scuffle between Sunanda Pushkar and her husband Shashi Tharoor as per the statement of their personal attendant Narain Singh
4. The report alleges a delay by the Delhi police to file a case of murder despite allegedly having reasons presented to it that the angle should be probed
5. The report also claims that then-Southern Delhi range Joint Commissioner of Police, Vivek Gogia had got the probe back from the Crime branch just ''4 hours'' after the latter decided to file an FIR under the IPC section of murder
6. There are specific allegations against the Delhi Police investigating the case and a specific reference that then Commissioner of Police, BS Bassi has delayed the registration of FIR
7. The report quotes are unnamed ''senior police officers who were then investigating the case'' who claims ''the death was mysterious and everything pointed out towards murder from day one.
We at Republic TV intend to pursue all leads and report on the matter.
As you are aware, we are also following several angles into Sunanda Pushkar's death and would like to use this opportunity to request an interview to seek your response on these critical matters including the testimony of Mr. Narain Singh to the Delhi Police and contradiction that emerge thereof, your alleged communication with Rajan Rao following the death of Sunanda Pushkar, among other matters.
Please consider this as a formal request for an interview on the formal request for an interview on the formal request for an interview on the aforementioned case. In the interest of full transparency, accuracy, and fairness we call upon you to utilize your right to reply and provide us with your version via an interview
Will Shashi Tharoor agree to be interviewed by Republic TV?