- Narendra Modi has taken the oath-of-office as the Prime Minister of the country for the second time
- Here is the list of all the first timers who bagged a ministerial berth for the Modi cabinet 2.0
Narendra Modi has taken the oath-of-office as the Prime Minister of the country for the second time, at the grand swearing-in ceremony at the Rashtrapati Bhavan on Thursday in which a number of other NDA leaders also took oath as ministers.
Here is the list of all the new faces who bagged a ministerial berth for the Modi cabinet 2.0:
- Amit Shah - Inducted as the Cabinet ministers of India, Shah won the Lok Sabha polls from the Gandhinagar Lok Sabha seat of Gujarat. He has been BJP's national president since 2014. In the Lok Sabha polls he broke the record of LK Advani by winning from his traditional seat by a margin of over 5 lakh votes.
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar - Inducted as cabinet minister in the Modi Cabinet 2.0. He was India's foreign secretary from 2015 - 2018. In March, the 64-year-old had received the Padma Shri award from President Ram Nath Kovind. Jaishankar was the country's longest-serving foreign secretary in four decades and helped craft much of PM Modi's foreign policy. A former ambassador to China, Jaishankar had played a key role in resolving the crisis following the incursion in Ladakh's Depsang and the Doklam stand-off, handling the tough negotiations with Beijing. As the US ambassador, he had played a key role in negotiating the Indo-US civilian nuclear agreement.
- Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ - Inducted as Cabinet Minister, he is BJP parliamentarian Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, who won from Haridwar in the national election, today joined Prime Minister Narendra Modi's new government. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank was the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand from 2009 to 2011.
- Pralhad Joshi - He is an MP from Dharwad and is one of the topmost BJP leaders from Karnataka. Been a four-time MP from Dharwad, he has been inducted as Cabinet Minister. He was a former president of the Karnakata BJP unit.
- Shri Arvind Ganpat Sawant - Inducted as Cabinet Minister, this Shiv Sena MP won the election from one of the most talked about constituency - the South Mumbai constituency and defeated Milind Sawant by 1 lakh votes. He has been 2 time MP.
- Som Parkash - Inducted as Minister of state, he is a MP from Hoshiarpur and was a former IAS officer from Punjab. He is a former MLA and former deputy commissioner. In Lok Sabha elections, 2019 he won with a margin of over 40000 votes.
- Kailash Choudhary - He is a Barmer MP who defeated Jaswant Singh's son in Lok Sabha elections 2019. He won with a margin of over 3 lakh votes. He is a firebrand Hindutva leader in Rajasthan. He has been inducted as Minister of State.
- Suresh Angadi - MP from Belagavi Karnataka, he has been inducted as Minister of state. He is a senior BJP leader from Karnataka, he has been a four time MP from this constituency. He has fought for sugarcane farmers in the state.
- G. Kishan Reddy - MP from Secunderabad, he is a senior BJP leader from Telangana. He has been inducted as minister of state for Modi cabinet 2.0. BJP won 4 seats in the state under him. He has been time mla & former state unit chief
- Nityanand Rai - Bihar's Ujiarpur MP and one of the topmost BJP leader from Bihar. He defeated RLSP chief Upendra Kushwaha. It is said that he brought JD(U) into NDA fold. He has been inducted as Minister of state.
Shri. Rattan Lal Kataria - Inducted as Minister of state, Kataria won the 2019 Lok Sabha election, retaining his seat with a margin of nearly 3.4 lakh votes. His closest rival, Raj Kumar Balmiki of the Congress, ended up with 2.72 lakh votes. After starting out as a youth leader in the Bhartiya Janata Yuva Morch in 1980 and then a member in the BJP's national council the same year, Kataria went on to become a state minister in the BJP government in the state from 1984-88. Appointed the state president from 2001 to 2003, he snatched the Ambala Lok Sabha seat from the Congress in 2014.
Prahlad Singh Patel - A Damoh MP who has been inducted as Ministers of State (Independent Charge). He has been a five-time MP and has been associated with BJP since 1982. He was a MoS in the Vajpayee cabinet.
Shri Rameswar Teli - A Dibrugarh MP, he defeated his contender in the Lok Sabha polls and with the highest margin of 3,64,566 votes in Assam. He has been 2 time MP. He is a young tea tribe leader from Assam. he has been inducted as minister of state
Smt. Debasree Chaudhuri - This Raiganj parliamentarian is inducted as minister of state and is a first-time Lok Sabha MP from Raiganj in West Bengal. She played a key role in strengthening BJP in Bengal and won with over 60,000 votes in the constituency.
Anurag Thakur - He is a MP from Hamirpur who has been inducted as Minister of State. he is a 4 time MP from Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh. Oone of youngest parliamentarians of BJP, he is also the first from the BJP to join territorial army
READ: Here's the full list of Ministers in the second Narendra Modi-led NDA government who are taking oath with the Prime Minister