A day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Council of Ministers took oath in the second consecutive term of the NDA government, the allocation of portfolios have been released.
The former BJP president and the newly inducted Union Minister, Amit Shah has been allocated the Home Ministry.
While BJP's G. Kishan Reddy and Nityanand Rai are the new Ministers of State in the Ministry of Home Affairs
The former Home Minister Rajnath Singh has now been allocated as the Minister of Defence.
On Thursday after the swearing-in ceremony, Shah shared a message expressing his gratitude to PM Modi for reposing faith in him and has assured his best efforts in serving the people of India.
Here is the Portfolio allocation list of the second consecutive Narendra Modi-led NDA government:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi:
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Department of Atomic Energy, Department of Space,
- Rajnath Singh: Minister of Defence
- Amit Shah: Minister of Home Affairs
- Nitin Gadkari: Minister of Road Transport and Highways, Minister of Water Resources, MSMEs
- DV Sadananda Gowda: Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Piyush Goyal : Minister of Railways, Commerce and Industry
- Nirmala Sitharaman: Minister of Finance and Minister of Corporate Affairs
- Ram Vilas Paswan: Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
- Narendra Singh Tomar: Minister of Minister of Rural Development, Agriculture and Farmer welfare Minister of Panchayati Raj
- Ravi Shankar Prasad: Minister of Law and Justice, and Minister of Electronics and Information Technology, communications
- Harsimrat Kaur Badal: Minister of Food Processing Industries
- Thaawarchand Gehlot: Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment
- S Jaishankar: Minister of External Affairs
- Ramesh Pokhriyal: Minister of HRD
- Arjun Munda: Minister of Tribal Affairs
- Smriti Irani: Minister of Women and Child Development
- Prakash Javedekar: Minister of Information and Broadcasting, Environment, Forest and Climate change
- Harsh Vardhan: Minister of Health and Family Welfare
Amit Shah is also a first-time Lok Sabha MP from Gandhinagar, Gujarat after defeating Congress' two-time MLA CJ Chavda after receiving a massive 8,89,925 votes, breaking the victory margin record of party veteran LK Advani from Gandhinagar Lok Sabha seat.
Shah who is often called as a modern-day Chanakya is the chief strategist of the BJP campaign and is instrumental for building the BJP in the grassroots-level on a pan India basis.