Updated June 1st, 2024 at 16:20 IST

1 Killed, Several Reported Injured as High Tension Wire Falls on Neelanchal Express in Jharkhand

1 passenger was reportedly killed and several sustained burn injuries on Saturday after a high tension wire fell on Neelanchal Express in Jharkhand’s Seraikela.

Reported by: Abhishek Tiwari
High tension wire falls on Neelanchal Express in Jharkhand | Image:Republic
Advertisement

Chandil: In a tragic incident, one passenger was reportedly killed and several sustained burn injuries on Saturday morning after a high tension overhead wire fell on the train in Jharkhand’s Seraikela district. According to the information, the incident took place on the Neelachal Express when a high tension current passed through the train at around 8 am, while the train was travelling somewhere between Suisa and Tiruldih railway stations.

Sources report that one of the injured passengers succumbed to his injuries, while other passengers were rushed to the nearby hospitals for treatment. An official confirmation over the incident from the Indian Railways is being awaited.

Advertisement

During the incident about a dozen passengers reportedly sustained burn injuries, while one passenger died due to sudden high tension electric current in the train between the Suisa and Tiruldih stations on Chandil-Muri railway line of Seraikela district.

It is being reported that the incident happened after the railway’s high tension overhead wire fell on the train.

Advertisement

On information, the Railway police along with the senior officials of the Indian Railways rushed to the spot and initiated a rescue operation. All the injured were shifted to a hospital in Baghmundi.

The rescue operations are underway at the spot, however, the train has been sent to its destination. The Railways have confirmed the injury of two passengers and no confirmation on death of a passenger has been made.

Advertisement

The incident took place around 8 am between Suisa and Tiruldih stations. It is being said that the passengers who sustained injuries were sitting on the gate of the train, when suddenly an overhead electric wire broke and fell on them causing the electric current to pass through the entire bogie.

An official confirmation from the railway over the incident is being awaited. 
 

Advertisement

Published June 1st, 2024 at 16:20 IST