Updated February 21st, 2024 at 16:18 IST

600 People Fall Ill Due to Food Poisoning After Consuming Prasad at Maharashtra's Buldhana Temple

After eating prasad, attendees suddenly experienced nausea, dizziness, and fainting spells, prompting a rush for medical assistance.

Reported by: Digital Desk
Out of 2000 villagers, 600 fell ill after consuming the prasad which probably had some poisonous substance | Image:Social Media
Advertisement

Maharashtra: A distressing event from Maharashtra's Buldhana district has come to light, where nearly 600 people fell ill due to food poisoning reportedly after consuming "prasad"  on Tuesday.

As per media reports, the incident happened at the Khaparkheda temple in Lonar taluka, where out of 2000 villagers, 600 fell ill after consuming the prasad which probably had some poisonous substance that contaminated and led to such widespread food poisoning.

Advertisement

After eating prasad, attendees suddenly experienced nausea, dizziness, and fainting spells, prompting a rush for medical assistance.

Reports suggest that the religious programme at the Khaparkheda temple in Lonar Taluka, included the distribution of prasad among attendees and the necessity of distributing food items.

Advertisement

Some devotees who were observing fast were served prasad which led to sudden deterioration of their health. 

Some 500 villagers are said to be under medical treatment at local hospitals.

Advertisement

Published February 21st, 2024 at 11:59 IST