Unleash your inner creative side and try making these beautiful DIY paper roses. They are extremely easy to make, and it will barely take you a matter of minutes, only requiring materials you probably already have around the house. Use these roses to gift a loved one something special, or use them for decorative purposes around the house. They are life-like, and you can never go wrong with a bunch of roses.
Also Read | Bhubaneswar: Craft Exhibition Organised To Support Terracotta Artisans
- Coloured paper
Also Read | DIY: Follow These Simple Steps To Make Bracelets
Steps To Make DIY Roses
- Take an A4 size sheet of paper and fold it diagonally to make a square. Cut off the excess so that you are left with a square.
- Divide that square into four parts, and cut them out to get four smaller squares. We will need three out of these four pieces to make the rose.
- Take one sheet of paper and fold it diagonally to form a triangle. Do this again to create another triangle, and then one more last time. You should have folded it diagonally three times in total.
- Draw a semi-circle in the middle and cut on the line. You should now have a cone-looking shape
- Cut a small hole at the bottom of the cone.
- Repeat the above-mentioned 3 steps with the other two sheets of paper.
- When you open them up, you should have three flowers with holes in the middle.
- Take one sheet of paper and cut one segment or petal of the flower off.
- Take another sheet of paper and cut two consecutive segments or petals off.
- Take the last sheet of paper and cut three consecutive segments or petals off.
- Using a needle, toothpick or even a pencil, curl the edges of all the petals outwards (including the cut-off ones)
- Take one of the flowers and glue the two adjacent petals (with a missing segment between them) together. Do the same for all three flowers
- Take the cut off portions and glue two adjacent edges together. You will now have six flowers of different sizes to work with
- Take the largest piece and put the smaller pieces inside from largest to smallest until all six parts are arranged in descending order inside the flower.
- Using glue, stick each piece separately in a way to make your rose look real.
- The rose is now ready.
Also Read | Hand Made Gifts | Five Handcrafted Personalised Gifts For Diwali
It may seem long, but this process will not take much time. You can do it in different colours to create a large and beautiful variety of flowers and roses. Use them as gifts or even to enhance your gift wrapping. Making this DIY paper rose is sure to always be a success.
Also Read | Coffee: A Single DIY Solution For 6 Of Your Skin Problems