Summers can be brutal and the heat can take a toll on your skin and hair. It is essential to change your skin and hair repair routine as per the season. Your radiant skin can turn into itchy rashes and can get sunburned easily. Also, your healthy and bouncy hair can turn lifeless. Hence, it is important to make sure that you take care of your skin and hair in summer.
Also Read | Hair Tips: Here Are Some Incredible Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar
Here are some tips to take proper care of your skin and hair during summer
1. Apply sunscreen
- Sunscreen will help you protect your face, hands, legs, and any other exposed parts of your body.
- Extreme UV exposure can eternally damage your skin and cause sunburn, wrinkles, fine lines, and early ageing.
- Use sunscreens, moisturizers and serums which include anti-oxidants for your skin.
- Vitamin C will protect your skin from damage and it also boosts collagen development.
- Anti-oxidants can reduce inflammation and repair your skin.
3. Go easy on the make-up
- Go minimal on make-up during summer as it can harm your skin.
- Your skin needs to breathe due to the heat and humidity in the climate.
- Avoid heavy eye make-up and go for light kajal.
Also Read | Walnut Oil: 6 Must Know Benefits That Make This Oil A Skin Wonder
- Gentle exfoliation can help your skin heal from any irritation and sunburn.
- It also helps to eradicate dead skin cells.
- Also, make sure that you don’t over-exfoliate your skin.
- Your skin needs to be moisturized properly during the summer season.
- Non-greasy and light-weight moisturizer can help you fight with warm weather.
Also Read | Lips: To Nail That Pouty Lips Look Naturally, Here Are Some DIY Hacks
1. Less use of hair cosmetics
- As summers dry your hair and cause damage, using excessive cosmetics can harm your hair.
- Go easy on chemical hair treatments to avoid hair damage from the sun.
2. Shampoo with care
- Applying shampoo daily can harm your scalp and hair even more.
- Go for a mild shampoo if your hair gets greasy.
3. Avoid heat
- Avoid excessive use of straighteners, curlers or dryers.
- Go for a slow blow dry if you are late or try to wash your hair half an hour early.
Also Read | Professional And Quick Hairstyles To Prepare For Job Interview
4. Sun protection
- The best way to avoid the scorching sun is wearing a scarf on your head.
- If you are not liking the scarf, make sure you apply a conditioner before leaving your house.
5. Deep conditioners
- Deep conditioning is important to avoid hair problems.
- To keep your hair hydrated and nourished, you need to deep condition your hair to avoid issues like hair fall, thinning, frizzy, etc.
Also Read | Salad: Healthy Tuna And Bean Salads For A Healthy & Tasty Lunch