The bright orange fruit, Papaya, is one of the most nutritional fruit and can be seen lying on the breakfast table. It is rich in minerals and micronutrients for your body. Did you know papaya leaves are commonly used as a natural remedy to counter dengue? Also, it is easily available and is used in both forms, raw and ripe. Keep reading to know a few healthy recipes made from papaya.
1. Peel the papaya and wash under a running tap
2. Carefully, shred in small pieces. Keep aside
3. Roast some chillies and a fermented fish and mash them together to make a paste
4. Add salt. Roast sesame seeds and make a paste when it’s done
5. Mix all the ingredients in a plate, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve
1. In a hot pan add peanuts, dry red chillies, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, desiccated coconut and roast them till they get a nice colour and make it into a coarse powder
2. In the same pan, heat oil. Add mustard seeds, when they crackle, add chana dal, garlic, turmeric powder, curry leaves, green chillies, onions, salt, papaya pieces and cook for 2-3 mins
3. Now add prepared masala toss it
4. Serve with chapati or rice
1. Heat ghee in a pan, add grated raw papaya saute it, cook it for 5 mins until it becomes soft
2. Add milk and cook it
3. Boil jaggery with little water in a pan until we get one string consistency, later add to papaya mixture and cook it
4. Heat ghee in another pan and add cashew nuts, raisins, desiccated coconut, almonds and saute it, transfer into papaya mixture and cook for 2 mins, until it becomes thick. 5. Now raw papaya halwa is ready to serve
1. Mix all the ingredients from Raw papaya to 3 tbsp besan flour in a wide mixing bowl
2. Mix to a sticky dough without adding water
3. Rest it for another 10 minutes so that raw papaya leaves out some water
4. Again add 2 tbsp besan flour and mix to a stiff dough
5. Grease palms and make small balls out of the dough
6. Flatten the balls with a ladle
7. Cook on a medium-hot Tawa greasing with ghee all over.
8. Cook until golden brown. Turn sides and cook again in simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
9. Serve hot with mint chutney and onions.
1. Take yoghurt and mix it well.
2. Add a small slice of ripe papaya.
3. Add cilantro, mint and little salt to taste.
4. Serve it cold.