Mother’s Day is observed to celebrate the mothers in a family or to celebrate motherhood. Mother's day is one of the most popular days that are observed among the families. The modern Mother’s Day has its roots in the US. It was started by the initiative of Anna Jarvis in the early 20th century.
Anna Jarvis campaigned to make Mother’s Day a recognized holiday in the US. Anna Jarvis started her campaign in the year 1905, the same year when her mother died. It was Woodrow Wilson who signed a proclamation that designated mother’s day to be celebrated on second Sunday of May and it was also declared a national holiday to honour mothers.
Also Read | Mother's Day Speech Ideas That Will Help You Write A Good Speech For The Occasion
Also Read | Mother's Day Gift Ideas For Grandmothers: List Of Helpful And Affordable Gift Ideas
Mother’s Day is now celebrated on the second Sunday of May every year. This year Mother’s Day will be celebrated on May 10, 2020. Mother’s Day is celebrated all over the world by showing affection towards mother. Here are some of the mother’s day card ideas that will help in designing greeting cards for Mother’s day this year.
Also Read | Mother's Day 2020: Easy DIY Cake Recipes To Surprise Your Mother With
Mother’s Day card ideas for a homemade greeting card
- One can make use of buttons to make a greeting card. By using buttons one can avoid the mess created by markers or colours. Just some glue and buttons will do the trick for an amazing decorated card.
- One can make tulip vessels on a card by simply cutting colourful papers into shapes of tulips and sticking them on a paper vessel.
- Hand holding hearts is also one of the mother’s day card ideas that look beautiful and are super easy to make. One just needs to cut paper in shapes of hand and write a heartfelt note on the paper heart placed inside the hands.
Also Read | Mother's Day Gifts For New Moms To Appreciate And Shower Them With Love And Care
- Not just beautiful looking but delicious cards can also be made at home easily. One just needs to stick small packets of different sprinkles, nuts, and other small sweet items on a beautifully decorated card to make it look lovely and also sweet.
- One can also make several 3D shapes on a paper card. To make a 3D card use of small cotton balls can be done. Just paint the small cotton balls and outline relevant shapes of a bird or a penguin on the paper before pasting them.
- Another option for a lovely handmade card is a fingerprinted heart. One just needs to put red fingerprints on a piece of white paper that is cut into the shape of a heart. One can also put a note or a picture of their mother in the middle of this heart.