ISL 2019-20 season will begin with Kerala Blasters hosting ATK at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium on Sunday, October 20, 2019. Both the teams did not match their standards in the previous ISL season and it will be a task for them to regain the momentum. Kerala Blasters have gathered a completely new squad for the upcoming season. The match is expected to be an interesting one as both the sides will look to draw the first blood.
1. Kerala Blasters will ride high on confidence as they regained the backing of their fan group Manjappada because of their new signings.
2. With the return of ATK's league-winning coach, Antonio Lopez Habas, the Kolkata-side will try to start the season on a positive note by focusing more on the attack.
3. Kerala Blasters will rely on Bartholomew Ogbeche to score as the striker had a tally of 12 goals for NorthEast United last season.
4. With the absence of Kerala Blasters' key defender, Sandesh Jhingan, the team can struggle at the back in front of the lethal ATK's attack
5. As both the sides have shared the spoils a total of six times this match is also expected to end in a draw. (Predicted score 2-2).
Bartholomew Ogbeche (Kerala Blasters)
Former NorthEast United striker Bartholomew Ogbeche will be the main-man for the Kerala Blasters' side. Ogbeche netted 12 goals in his last ISL season. However, Ogbeche will have to grind hard in front of ATK's solid defenders like Agus Garcia and John Johnson. Bartholomew Ogbeche has been handed the captain arm-band and is expected to lead his side from the front.
Roy Krishna (ATK)
Roy Krishna is one of the top-signings of the ISL 2019-20 season. Krishna has been a part of Wallington Phoenix, an A-League team, before joining ATK. Krishna found the net a total of 18-times which made him A-League top goal-scorer in the 2018-19 season. Roy Krishna is expected to feature in the scoreboard many times this season.