- Bengal Warriors defeated U Mumba for the second time in this season of PKL.
- Bengal Warriors stand 2nd on the PKL points table for this season. U Mumba stands 5th
- The match was held in Kolkata , home ground for Bengal Warriors
The ongoing seventh season of the Pro Kabaddi League is in its eighth week now. On 11 September, the 85th match of the season was held between Bengal Warriors and U Mumba at the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Indoor Stadium in Kolkata. It was the home ground for Bengal Warriors, who managed to defeat U Mumba with 29-26 on the scoreboard.
Read: PKL Season 7: Narwal, Kumar & Sehrawat, Top Raiders This Season
Bengal Warriors edge out U Mumba
It was indeed a nail-biting experience for the audience as both the teams had put their best foot forward. Bengal Warriors are on the second position on the points table with 53 points out of 15 matches. Whereas, after losing to Bengal Warriors, U Mumba is sitting a little lower in the rankings chart at no 5 with 43 points. Bengal Warriors have defeated U Mumba for the second time in the same season. Earlier Bengal won with a score of 32-30 against U Mumba.
Read: National Sports Awards: Deepa Malik To Jadeja, Full List Of Winners
Major Highlights of the Match
- Arjun Deshwal was shining throughout of the match from the U Mumba’s squad. He kick-started the match with a super raid of 3 points i.e. bonus + touchpoint.
- Next, it was Maninder Singh, Captain for Bengal Warriors who went for a raid. Guess what? He reciprocated to Arjun’s super raid in a similar manner and earned first 4 points for his team.
- Once again Arjun Deshwal replicated his super raid stint, up until the end of the 1st half of the match
- It was 16-13 for Bengal Warriors and U Mumba respectively by half time. With a total of 3 super raids within the first half of the match.
- In the second half, Bengal Warriors were truly owning the match. They were in the lead ever since the start of the second half.
- DefenderJeeva Kumar tackled Arjun Deshwal beautifully in his 'do or die' raid.
- Sukesh Hegde was put down by Fazel, and U Mumba got a point.
- Lastly, a Super Tackle resulted in Arjun Deshwal's exit, resulting in Bengal Warriors winning the match by 2 points.
- Bengal Warriors tasted sweet victory with a total of 29 points.
Read: Virat Kohli Picks These 7 Cricketers For Kabaddi Team Including M S Dhoni, Reckons They Will Do Well If Selected
Read: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Cheer For Jaipur Pink Panthers. Abhishek Bachchan Calls Her 'Lucky Charm'