PlayerUnknow’s Battlegrounds or simply PUBG has taken both the mobile gaming and gaming industry in general to a whole different level, and after Counter-Strike, this is probably the only survival shooter game to make it to the world championship level. It goes on to show how PUBG’s popularity has increased exponentially over the last few months, especially post PUBG Mobile release. Today, we have decided to take you on a quest for everything contributed to the success story of PUBG on a mobile platform.
1. After announcing PUBG for Windows platform, folks over at PUBG Corporation announced that they are working with Tencent Games to release two mobile versions in China.
2. The first version called PUBG: Exhilarating Battlefield was a toned-down version of the existing PUBG Mobile game. It was developed by Lightspeed & Quantum Studio.
3. The second version called PUBG: Army Attack was developed by Timi Studio. Both Lightspeed & Quantum Studio and Timi Studio belong to Tencent, a publisher of PUBG Mobile.
4. Both PUBG: Exhilarating Battlefield and PUBG: Army Attack versions were released for Android and iOS on 9th February 2018. They together reached 75 million pre-registrations.
5. At launch, both the versions were ranked first and second on the iOS platform in China.
6. After launching in Canda, an English version of PUBG: Exhilarating Battlefield was released worldwide on 19th March 2018. It later went on to be known as PUBG Mobile.
7. PUBG Mobile reached 100 million downloads by August 2018.
8. PUBG won the award “Mobile Game of the Year” at 36th Golden Joystick Awards in September 2018. It’s also nominated for the “Best Mobile Game” this year at The Game Awards 2018.
9: In October 2018, PUBG Mobile Campus Championship was held in India with a total prize pool of 50 lakh rupees.
10. In November 2018, PUBG Mobile Star Challenge global championship finals were held at Festival Arena in Dubai with up to $200,000 (approximately 1 cr 41 lakhs) prize money.