- On Tuesday, September 11, Former Prime Minister of Pakistan, Nawaz Sharif's wife, Begum Kulsoom breathed her last
- On September 10, 2018, Kulsoom was placed under life support system as reportedly she was not keeping well with her health for many days
- 68-year-old Begum Kulsoom was undergoing cancer treatment in London since June 2017 at Harley Street Clinic.
Former Prime Minister of Pakistan, Nawaz Sharif's wife, Begum Kulsoom breathed her last on Tuesday, September 11 after a long battle with cancer. As per reports, Nawaz Sharif's son Hussain Nawaz and Pakistan Muslim League President, Shehbaz Sharif confirmed the news of her demise. 68-year-old Begum Kulsoom was undergoing treatment in London since June 2017 at Harley Street Clinic. Reportedly, the hospital officials also confirmed this news. The officials further added that her body will be taken to the mortuary shortly. Nawaz Sharif and his daughter Maryam Nawaz, who are currently in Central Jail Rawalpindi, have been informed about Kulsoom's death.
WATCH: Pakistan's Army Chief Makes 'avenge Martyrs' Threat To India But Congress' Navjot Sidhu Waxes Eloquent About Imran Khan
On September 10, 2018, Kulsoom was placed under life support system as she was not keeping well.
Present Prime Minister of Pakistan Imran Khan and Army Chief General Qamar Jawed Bajwa expressed their sadness over Kulsoom's sudden demise by taking to Twitter.
READ: Former Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif And Daughter Maryam Arrested In Lahore. Full Details Here
Here's all you need to know about Begum Kulsoom:
- Begum Kulsoom graduated from Forman Christian college in Lahore and has obtained a Master degree in Urdu from the University of Punjab in 1970.
- She is the granddaughter of a renowned wrestler Ghulam Mohammad Baksh who is better known as The Great Gama.
- Begum Kulsoom exchanged vows with the former Prime Minister of Pakistan, Nawaz Sharif in 1971.
- Like her husband, Kulsoom also tried her hand in politics, and for the first time, she was elected to the National assembly of Pakistan. Kulsoom managed to get approximately 59,413 votes in her first election.
- Begum Kulsoom was diagnosed with lymphoma (throat) cancer in August 2017.
Meanwhile, Nawaz Sharif and his daughter are currently in jail as they were found guilty of illegal purchasing of some apartments through offshore companies. Nawaz Sharif was also not allowed to contest elections for the Pakistan general elections which were held on July 25, 2018.