Afghanistan: CID Official Killed In Kabul's Qarabagh District Shooting

Rest of the World News

A member of the Criminal Investigation Department was killed by gunmen who open fired at his vehicle in the Qarabagh district of Kabul on Monday night. 

Written By Manogya Singh | Mumbai | Updated On:
CID

A member of the Criminal Investigation Department was killed by gunmen who opened fire at his vehicle in the Qarabagh district of Kabul on Monday night, on October 8, according to reports issued by the authorities. Afghan Interior Ministry officials also confirmed the reported incident which included six other policemen, and the head of the police intelligence department, who investigated the incident and were critically wounded by another improvised device (IED) explosion at the same spot later in the day. 

Read: US Embassy In Kabul Hit By A Rocket On The Anniversary Of 9/11 Attacks

Officials claim the Taliban is behind the fatal attack 

According to the officials, the incident took place around 10 p.m. (local time), when gunmen shot at the vehicle of Abdul Khabir, a police investigator driving on the Kabul-Parwan highway in Qarabagh. The Interior Ministry and local officials have claimed that the Taliban is responsible for the attack on the CID officer, but no group, including the Taliban, has yet claimed responsibility for the blast. 

Read: Pakistani Taliban Chief Designated As 'Global Terrorist' By Trump

Another attack in Kabul  

According to a government official, an explosion ripped through a wedding hall in Afghanistan's capital in August killing and critically wounding dozens of people as hundreds of people were believed to be inside. 

Sediq Seddiqi, spokesman for President Ashraf Ghani tweeted, "Devastated by the news of a suicide attack inside a wedding hall in Kabul. A heinous crime against our people; how is it possible to train a human and ask him to go and blow himself (up) inside a wedding?!!" 

Read: Shattering Taliban Attack In Kabul Even As US Deal Nears

According to a statement released by the Ministry of Defense, a suicide bomber detonated an explosives-laden vehicle close to a Special Forces base in the south of Kabul on September 12. “Four security forces were killed and three others were wounded in the attack,” the statement said. Before this, sources said that clashes also took place at the area but the MoD rejected the claims. Taliban has claimed responsibility for the attack.

Read: US-Taliban Talks: Afghan's President Ashraf Ghani Meets US Envoy

Read: Taliban Claim Suicide Car Bombing In West Kabul, Dozens Hurt

(With inputs from ANI)  

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indian will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS