(Source: Instagram)
(Source: Instagram)

Rest of the World News

Internet Left In Shock After Tourists Get Hospitalised For Swimming In This Instagram-fame 'toxic Dump'

Written By Radhika Sarkar | Mumbai | Published:

Hack:

  • Several Instagram bloggers and tourists fell ill after taking a dip in a picturesque looking Monte Nemo Lake in the northwestern coastal region in Spain

As per reports, several Instagram bloggers and tourists fell ill after taking a dip in a picturesque looking Monte Nemo Lake in the northwestern coastal region in Spain. Many tourists who were driving up to pose next to the lake complained to damage to the skin and the digestive system. Reports suggest that the Instagram famous lake got its blue tinge from chemical contamination and from now will be considered as a 'toxic dump'. 

READ: This Viral Meme Is As Good An Explanation For Donald Trump's Bizarre 'Kashmir Mediation' Lie As Any Other

Monte Nemo is the remains of a second World War Era and the hue of the water is due to chemical contamination. Termed as the 'Galician Chernobyl', it has proved to be harmful for all the tourists who have taken a dip in the lake 

 A user who recently visited the tourist spot stated that she had to be rushed to the hospital, and suffered from severe vomiting and skin rashes after taking a dip in the 'toxic dump'. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by Selección natural (@izzyandtai) on

WATCH: Great White Shark Leaps Out Of The Water, Snatches Boy's Fish Mid-air In This Goose-bumps Inducing Video

Meanwhile, the internet is left in shock after the news of the 'toxic dump' lake has surfaced on the social space. While one user wrote, "But it looks so inviting and safe", another user remarked saying a 'safety net' should be put around it so tourists are aware. Read the reactions below: 

DO NOT MISS