Donald Trump's Ireland Golf Course Expansion Plan Gets Approval

US News

Donald Trump's organisation received approval to build 53 houses and a new ballroom at the Ireland Golf Course from the Clare County Council in Ireland.

Written By Pragya Puri | Mumbai | Updated On:
Donald Trump

The Trump Organisation received approval to build 53 houses and a new ballroom at the golf course located along the seaside. The organisation got the approval from the southern western local council in Ireland on October 10. The proposal to move into home-building and organising events was made in order to cover the financial losses that the company suffered at its European resorts. 

Second victory for Trump family business

As per reports, the approval marks the second victory for President Trump’s family business. The Clare County Council after going through the documents approved the construction of farmland surrounding the Trump International Golf Links and Hotel Doonbeg. The company is not just restricted to Ireland, a similar proposal was also presented to the council in northeastern Scotland, which permitted the construction of  550 houses to close the company's golf course which is situated in northeastern Scotland.

READ: US Left Syria After Defeating Islamic State: Donald Trump

Employment opportunities for local people

Liam Conneally, who heads the economic development and planning at the Clare County Council said that the council welcomes the investment in the Clare by Trump’s organisation, she further added that this would help in flourishing tourism in the region. Eric Trump and Donald Trump Jr. will take care of the entire procedure, while Donald Trump looks after the White House. The reports reveal that the locals are also in favor of Trump golf course and other expansion plans. The plan includes a hotel and restaurant along with the golf course which will enable employment opportunities for the local people, who mostly depend on agricultural practices. Even the people who politically do not favor Trump’s stand, look forward to the execution of the construction plan. 

READ: Donald Trump Says US-China Trade Talks Are "going Very Well"

The Doonbery course 

Donald Trump had bought the Doonbery course in 2014, after paying  $11.9 million. But the course has suffered approximately the loss of $1 million since 2014, every year, as revealed by the Irish corporate records. However, there was an increase of 2 percent in the amount of revenue from $14.2 million to $14.5 million in 2018. The data was revealed by Trump's latest U.S. financial disclosures, highlighting the profit and losses of the course. 

READ: Scotland Yard Charges MQM Chief Altaf Hussain For Inciting Terrorism

READ: Job Alert! The Queen Is Looking For Someone To Take Care Of Her Horses
 

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indian will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS