Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed a mega crowd of 50,000 people of the Indian-American community in Houston, Texas. PM Modi was joined by US President Donald Trump at the NRG Stadium. PM Modi spoke about a variety of issues and achievements in his speech.
1. “Abki Baar Trump Sarkar,” PM Modi said while pitching for a second term in office for the US president. PM Modi gave a slight twist to his own election slogan which he used in the 2014 elections.
2. “We are witnessing history in the making. Mr President, you had introduced me to your family in 2017. Today I have the honour of introducing you to my family,” PM Modi said, pointing to the 50,000 strong Indian American crowd at the packed NRG Stadium in Houston.
3. ‘Modi alone is nothing’: While addressing the gathering in Houston, PM Modi said he is nothing without the support of Indians. “If you ask me, Howdy Modi, I will reply, everything is fine in India.” He said aloud, 'everything is fine' to the audience in different languages.
READ | 'USA loves India!,' declares Donald Trump after 'Howdy, Modi!' event
4. Addressing the Indian diaspora, PM Modi said, “We are witnessing a new history and a new chemistry in the making. This is proof of the increasing synergy between India and the United States. The energy at NRG stadium is proof of this India-USA synergy.”
5. Introducing Trump to the mega event, Prime Minister Narendra Modi showered praises on the US President, calling him a 'very special person'. “It is my honour and privilege to welcome Trump at this magnificent gathering,” he said.
6. Without naming Pakistan, PM Modi launched an attack on the country for its role in sponsoring and promoting terrorism. “They (Pakistan) have made hatred towards India the centre of their agenda. They support and harbour terrorists. The time has come for a decisive fight against terrorism and those who support it. Whether it is 9/11 in America or 26/11 in Mumbai, where were the conspirators found?”, he said.
READ | PM Modi gets heartfelt thanks, kiss on hand from US Kashmiri Pandits
PM Modi and Donald Trump greeted each other and walked the red carpet to the stage at the NRG Stadium. Both the leaders were welcomed onto the stage and the National Anthems of both India and the US were played. This was the first time that both the leaders were sharing a stage together. Prime Minister Narendra Modi had arrived at the stage of the most-awaited 'Howdy, Modi' event exactly 21:40 IST as Houston's Mayor Sylvester Turner and the US lawmakers welcomed him. Amid loud cheers and chants of 'Modi, Modi', the Prime Minister waved at the humongous 50,000 crowd gathered at the NRG Stadium.
READ | Howdy Modi: PM Modi says 'Time to start a decisive war against terror'