'US Going Into Middle East Was The Worst Decision Ever': Donald Trump

US News

US President Donald Trump, on Oct 9, said the United States going into the Middle East was the worst decision ever made in the history of the country.

Written By Kunal Gaurav | Mumbai | Updated On:
US

US President Donald Trump, on October 9, said the United States going into the Middle East was the worst decision ever made in the history of the country. After deciding to pull back the US troops from northern Syria, Trump took to Twitter to announce the country’s Middle East policy. 

Trump's threat to destroy Turkey's economy

The US President warned Turkey for doing anything that is “considered to be off-limits” and threatened to “totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey”. He said, though the US troops are in the process of leaving Syria, they have not abandoned the Kurds calling them ‘special and wonderful’ fighters. Trump also clearly stated that the US is helping the Kurds financially and with weapons. Meanwhile, Turkey, in an apparent reply to Donald Trump’s warning, said that they will go ahead with their military operations in northeastern Syria.

Read: Donald Trump: 'We Are Not Abandoning Kurds, Helping Them Financially'

Confirmation from the White House

Earlier, the White House, in a statement, had confirmed the withdrawal of US troops and put the responsibility on Turkey for all ISIS fighters.

“The United States Armed Forces will not support or be involved in the operation, and United States forces, having defeated the ISIS territorial ‘Caliphate,‘ will no longer be in the immediate area,” the statement read. 

Read: US President Trump Defends Decision To Desert Kurdish Allies In Syria

Criticised some European Nations

The Statement also criticised some of the European Nations for not taking back the ISIS fighters. “The United States Government has pressed France, Germany, and other European nations, from which many captured ISIS fighters came, to take them back, but they did not want them and refused. The United States will not hold them for what could be many years and great cost to the United States taxpayer,” it said. “Turkey will now be responsible for all ISIS fighters in the area captured over the past two years,” it added.

Read: Donald Trump Threatens To Destroy And Obliterate Turkey's Economy

Read: Donald Trump Slams Republican Mitt Romney For His Recent Criticism

Published:
By 2030, 40% Indian will not have access to drinking water
SAVE WATER NOW
PEOPLE HAVE PLEDGED SO FAR
DO NOT MISS