- To contend the Akhilesh Yadav's SP and Mayawati's BSP alliance and Congress, the BJP has announced his first list of candidates in Uttar Pradesh.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be contending from the Varanasi seat in the state, while Home Minister Rajnath Singh will be contending from the state capital and Union Minister Smriti Irani from Amethi
In the race up to the Lok Sabha elections that are scheduled to be held in seven phases from April 11 to May 19, the BJP released its first list that includes 182 candidates. The party's central election committee (CEC) met on Wednesday evening as a part of its deliberations to consolidate the candidate list.
To contend the Akhilesh Yadav's SP and Mayawati's BSP alliance and Congress, the BJP has announced his first list of candidates in Uttar Pradesh.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be contending from the Varanasi seat in the state, while Home Minister Rajnath Singh will be contending from the state capital and Union Minister Smriti Irani from Amethi, yet again making it a face-off between her and the Congress president Rahul Gandhi.
READ| BJP Announces First Candidates List For Lok Sabha Polls: Here's Where The Top Candidates Including PM Narendra Modi, Amit Shah Will Contest From
Here is the Uttar Pradesh list:
- PM Narendra Modi- Varanasi
- Lucknow- Rajnath Singh
- Amethi- Smriti Irani
- Saharanpur- Raghav Lakhanpal
- Muzaffarnagar- Sanjeev KumarBalyan
- Binjor- Kunwar Bharatendra Singh
- Moradabad- Kunwar Sarvesh Kumar
- Sambhal Parmeshwar Lal Saini
- Amroha- Kanwar Singh Tanwar
- Meerut- Rajendra Agrawal
- Baghpat- Dr. Satya Pal Singh
- Ghaziabad- Dr. Vijay Kumar Singh
- Gautam Buddha Nagar- Dr. Mahesh Sharma
- Aligarh- Satish Kumar Gautam
- Mathura- Hema Malini
- Agra S.P Singh Baghel
- Fatehpur Sikri- Raj Kumar Chaher
- Etah- Rajveer Singh-MP
- Badaun- Sangha Mitra Maurya
- Aonla- Dharmendra Kumar
- Bareilly- Santosh Kumar Gangwar
- Shahjahanpur- Arun Sagar
- Kheri- Ajay Kumar Mishra
- Sitapur- Rajesh Verma
- Hardoi- Jai Prakash Rawat
- Misrikh- Ashok Rawat
- Unnao- Swami Sakshi ji Maharaj
- Mohanlalganj Kaushal Kishore
On Wednesday, the party held its the third CEC meeting which was chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and found party president Amit Shah, and Union Ministers Rajnath Singh, Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley in attendance.
The Congress has already announced candidates for 146 Lok Sabha constituencies so far. The deadline to file the nominations is March 25.
READ| BJP'S FIRST LIST OUT: BJP Releases First List Of 182 Candidates For 2019 Lok Sabha Elections. Here It Is